Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Watched the last 2 hours of KSW's Colloseum show last night live on the Telly. I still find it mad how KSW exists in it's own little world away from the majority of main stream MMA media sources. 50,000 of plus Polish people in a football stadium with a massive production is quite the spectacle.

KSW as a promotion treats it's fighters like absolute megastars too. Last night the company's Polish commentator, who's a former fighter (I didn't know the guy) was announced as the first ever inductee into the KSW Hall of Fame and got given a 10 minute standing ovation and grand entrace to the ring, great scenes.

Then in the main event, the UK's Scott Askham had a walk out the kind of scale you never outside of a Anthony Joshua or Tyson Fury stadium entrance in the UK. Askham's a guy fans probably even forgot fought in the UFC but had a pretty forgettable 3-4 run a few years back, yet he's headlining one of the biggest MMA shows in history and probably got paid more to fight that 90% of the UFC roster.

Look at this shit:

in the actual fight, Polish legend Mamed Khalidov dusted Askham in round 3 with a some flying scissor kick type shit, not a great fight but the finish was outstanding. 

FxxN6FfWIAAtjiX.thumb.jpg.895cc31f8054595418f28222994218d9.jpg

A couple of high level boxer's fought too. Deontay WIlder-foe Artur Szpilka knocked out Puzianowski, and former WBO Cruiserweight Champion, Krzysztof Glowacki may have scored the knockout of the year, you don't see this every day:

Not to go back to the staleness and utter boredom of the Apex, but there's promotions out there putting real exciting alternatives now when you aren't fancying a night in an empty sports complex. KSW and Oktagon in Europe are doing shows on a scale we rarely see in MMA and they are fun as hell to watch. Great stuff.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I'm dreading that day. Plastic Caesar is the kind of cunt that might only stop pushing something once someone gets killed or crippled, and that could very well happen with someone like Bigfoot.

• Paid Members

God I hope this sticks:

Although…he might be retired from MMA but he’s said nothing about Boxing, Kickboxing, Bare Knuckle or fucking slap fighting. I fully expect to see him getting scrambled in one of those before the year’s out but I’ll be happy to be proven wrong. 

• Paid Members

what on earth😄

is it safe to say, that absolute war Silva had with Mark Hunt may be the best example of a fighter being completely changed by a single fight? Silva went 1-13 in MMA/Bare Knuckle/K-1 after that fight and was stopped 11 times. That fight ruined the man.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah I’d say so. He always had a bit of a weird chin and he’d been stopped and dropped a few times before that but he was still a player and had some big wins. But that 5 round war with Hunt was clearly the final nail in his durability. He’s never been right since.

His run since that first Hunt fight…

In MMA he’s gone 1-10 and been stopped 8 times.

In Kickboxing he’s gone 0-2 and was stopped both times. One of these he was fed to Rico Verhoeven as well, the matchmakers/Bigfoot’s handlers should’ve been done for attempted murder there.

0-1 in Boxing and TKO’d by Datsik.

0-1 in Bare Knuckle and knocked out by Gonzaga.

So overall he’s gone 1-14 and been stopped 12 times since the Hunt fight. The fact that it’s plain to see he was shot from that Hunt fight in 2013 onwards yet he’s gone on another decade since is terrifying. 

Isn't there something as well about he had to stop his TRT? Whilst people like Vitor were obviously abusing it, I think Bigfoot genuinely needed it to just to have normal levels? When they banned it, didn't that also coincide with the downfall? 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Dai said:

Isn't there something as well about he had to stop his TRT? Whilst people like Vitor were obviously abusing it, I think Bigfoot genuinely needed it to just to have normal levels? When they banned it, didn't that also coincide with the downfall? 

Yeh, I remember reading that too.

I never understood why he couldn't get an exemption on a medical basis, because of, y'know, actually needing it.