Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Big upset over in Oktagon last week, Karlos Vemola sparked as a 1/8 favorite. A beauty too.

Oktagon may have quietly become my second favorite MMA promotion. 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

It looks fun from snippets I’ve seen and the production looks top draw. I just don’t think I’ve got the time or motivation to get invested in another promotion these days. What’s it shown on? I might try and dip in occasionally this year. 

Although I’m scared that if I like it, that’ll be even more combat sports content I’m hooked on and have to fit in 🤣 I can never seem to just cherry pick. If I like it and get familiar with the roster I’ll end up trying to watch everything. My Mrs has been taking the piss for years but now my daughter’s joined in basically calling me a nerd for this shite. She’ll literally walk in sometimes and I’ll hear her say to her mum “where’s Dad? Oh let me guess…watching fights?” With proper attitude. She’s 10. I hope my lad gets into it when he’s a bit older so I’ve at least got an ally in the house. 

• Paid Members

One of the nice things about it is that the shows happen at a good hour for us to watch on a Saturday evening. Well worth the occasional dip, especially if it's an Apex card weekend. 

It's shown on DAZN.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

No UFC this weekend, but there's some solid MMA on. One has a real good card mmand Oktagon has it's second UK show in Newcastle:

One is an online PPV and on Sky Sports i believe:

20240125_103141.thumb.jpg.ea4f9e77bb81a92865fffd23a4f7c49f.jpg

Oktagon is on Channel 4 streaming and DAZN:

20240125_103407.thumb.jpg.50d94f7e514f5eb32f4d5685b10c4acd.jpg

• Paid Members

The show is live at 8am on Sunday morning via Internet PPV, I'm not sure thats the only place to see it, or if Sky is showing it on some kind of delay?

Better when it was just free on youtube.

• Paid Members

Do I not like this:

Sage Northcutt withdrew from Aoki fight after Sage's corner (including Urijah Faber) were deported! Aoki casually went out and submitted John Lineker instead.

Oktagon was a decent crack. Poorly attended though. The UK shows are a sharp contrast to the other shows Oktagon put on in Europe. I'm not sure they ever put a dent in the UK market, people have all they need. Still, the show was decent. Main event was probably the FOTN, here it is:

Edited by Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Cage Warriors San Diego tonight on Fight Pass. Thought id mention it as Mason Jones fights in the co-main event against Bellator vet. Bryce Logan, should be worth a look. 

20240223_065115.thumb.jpg.b20c07cb98cc4f875c96172ac3a9b8e2.jpg