Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

John Hathaway fights in Oktagon today in Germany. The fight is a part of the prelims and is free on youtube, here's the link:

I believe Hathaway is the last fight of the prelims so he'll be towards the end of the stream when it happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Phil DeFries/Todd Duffee is locked in for tomorrow in KSW...

20230224_180816.thumb.jpg.4689aa5808f81144b6006929b9951eff.jpg

Its live over here on Viaplay. I was going to watch Bellator live but I think im swaying with watching KSW seeings as I have access to the channel.

You never know what your gonna get Todd Duffee, but he's always been must-see TV win or lose.

• Paid Members

Well, Phil DeFries beat the piss out of Todd Duffee. Duffee got taken down early and it was an ass whooping from there. Would love to see DeFries get another crack at the UFC to see just how good he is, but the man is probably happy making a fair chunk of change and having his own way in KSW. DeFries called out Overeem after the fight, and KSW are doing a Stadium show in June I guess they'll aim that for.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone catch the Power Slap show in the end? Was unsurprisingly a shit fest. I think every 'championship' fight ended with the first round of slaps. in a two hour show, you were left with about 5 minutes of action. Regardless of what you think about it general, I think this shows why it cant be done as a live event. Just way too much filler. Some of the rules just dont make much sense either. When a guy was floored by an illegal slap, he got up and carried on the match, despite the fact that if he just stayed down he would have won the fight. Very counter productive. I doubt we will see this sort of show again from the UFC.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dai said:

I doubt we will see this sort of show again from the UFC.

I think they’ll persist with it for a bit yet. If for no other reason than Dana’s ego thinking he can force us to like any old shite he serves up. He’s got well arsey lately about people taking the piss out of this nonsense and pointing out that it’s shit and doing shit. He went pretty hard defending it and somehow making himself a victim - ‘people are only shitting on Power Slap because I’m involved’ - pulling out now will be like admitting everyone else was right and you know he’s not having that. The whole thing is embarrassing. I don’t have a clue what anyone would enjoy about it. You’ve seen one ‘match’ and you’ve seen literally all there is to offer. 

Ill be honest, there was a great grudge match in one of the latter episodes. One of the contestants was always drunk in the house, and acting like an arsehole. He nearly got into a fight many times with the same guy. Then they had a match together, which was really good TV. They were talking shit to each other between slaps, trying to psyche each other out. Then the arsehole won, and taunted the other guy when he was laying on the floor, not even knowing what planet he was on. It was edge of your seat stuff, and each slap was proper tense beforehand. This is, of course, the rare exception, but if you can somehow channel this sort of story/villan/rivalry, then it would have some legs as a pre produced TV event.

• Paid Members

That’s the thing though, there’s not enough of a payoff for me to give a bollocks. All that shit talk and build up falls flat when I know they’re only gonna end up slapping each other. I’ve been conditioned since I was 7 years old when I got into pro wrestling that that kind of buildup would eventually lead to a big ‘fight’, then later with Boxing and MMA it would be an actual battle of skills or maybe just a full on barmy grudge match brawl. Slapping faces isn’t enough for me, although we know now why Dana loves that shit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I don’t watch that Road To UFC thing. Might have to start because Jesus Christ…

And…

This stuff got hardly any promotion to the point I didn’t even know it was happening until the fights were already underway and I started seeing this stuff on the timeline. Yet Dana won’t shut up about that Power Slap wank.