Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Had planned on watching One last night but i've been unable to find a copy of the show so i decided to watch Friday nights LFA show instead. First off, seeing Ron Kruck anchor a show gives me a big nostalgic buzz and reminds of watching random HDNet MMA shows back in the day. Besides that, there were two notable highlights on the show...

This slam! Fedor/Randleman 2! Technically i think it's an illegal move and somehow Lewis was unscathed, but fucking hell!

and this KO in the main event 😲

crikey, that was harsh. Abuev was fine, but he was down for a long time. Expect to see Carlos Mota in the UFC in the next couple of months.

20220829_075943.thumb.jpg.7a1a7f1422bbc7982ecb16c1f67458a1.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah saw some stuff about that yesterday. Don’t even know what to say anymore. We say the same thing every time he gets a fight announced, he gets flattened, then a couple of months later it’s rinse and repeat. Sad shit.

His former manager Alex Davis has even come out and said he tried to get him to stop ages ago and couldn’t get through to him and they parted ways. The big man seems determined to die in the ring.

Here’s the Alex Davis thing…

And for anyone trying to picture who Davis is, you’ve almost certainly seen him cornering one of many Brazilian fighters over the years. Seems a good egg from everything I’ve seen and read.

C14B017F-3D7C-4ACB-BDFE-7ECC4DEC3B2D.webp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

didn't know where to put this, but Floyd Mayweather's latest weird exhibition tour continues this weekend over in Rizin...

FbefBu8WAAEFJM1.0.thumb.jpg.d43e8c4c5bdae3c63077554dcf145b1e.jpg

There's a full on Rizin show on this weekend as well as this so i'm not sure if it's two shows on one day or if this is a seperate event, but it's happening.

I know the Asakura Brothers are a big deal over in Japan so i'd imagine this is a pretty big deal over there, but it's quite interesting to see just how little the general public or even the boxing community cares about what Mayweather is doing. The last exhibition with Don Moore was a joke, the Logan Paul thing was just strange but this one should at least be better to watch. When Mayweather whooped Tenshin a few years ago you could tell at least Tenshin came in with the intention of actually beating Mayweather, i'd imagine Asakura will do the same thing. I know it's a different time now but about 15 years ago i could imagine something like this being the centerpiece of a massive New Years Eve card in Japan, now it just feels like a weird meaningless side event in the grand scheme of things.

I don't know the rules or anything, and it's available as a PPV through Fite which I won't be buying but I will try to watch this. 

• Paid Members

According to Marcel Dorff’s Twitter, Jerome Le Banner is supposedly having his final fight (MMA rules) on October 8th. Pinch of salt that it sticks of course but he’ll be 50 in December. Gotta stop sometime.

DA65-D406-9-EF6-4983-81-B9-6-A0-BF163-E8

I still think the UFC should have just given him a stand and banger and whacked him on that Paris card the other week. They were lacking in French fighters for that card and JLB deserved to go out on a big stage. Oh well. Legend of the fight game. 

0871A463-8E69-44ED-879B-F9FD42CCD7B0.jpeg

F3BDEC06-A8A5-4D72-8E03-CC9091AD27FA.jpeg

F34CE58B-5DBE-44BF-B36F-8C7C3AB34338.gif

Le Banner was one of a handful of guys from K1 that I'd make an effort to watch, ie, buy the unofficial Compilation VHS's which had several of his fights on the match listing. He was always in a good fight, and had an aura of 'big match' feel for his fights, similar to how ill always check out a Badr fight these days. 

• Paid Members

Bo Nickal then...

fought his second Contender Series fight last night and starched the current CFFC Middleweight Champion in under a minute. UFC contract signed.

Can't wait for the full debut, Nickal seems like he might be the real deal. Brilliant use of the Contender Series to build a guy on the way in too.