Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah, he had the result of the Hunt fight overturned for having elevated testosterone levels. 

That’s one of them where it changed nothing in the grand scheme though. It was scored a draw on the night anyway, so changing it to a No Contest doesn’t change anything. There was no winner either way.

Nice to see Horodecki. Genuinely looked like a he had a bright future at one point but fizzled out really young. I still think the early death of Shawn Tompkins had a lot to do with both Horodecki and Mark Hominick rapidly going downhill. The timing of both their declines lined up from what I recall. I always got the impression Tompkins as a coach had a close bond with those two and it seemed to just head fuck them when he passed. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Dana White's Contender Series has started again, anyone watching it?

I've really become a fan of the show, the whole concept and format of the show is really good and easy to watch. The little packages and buildups do a better job than the UFC do on their actual cards and it really puts a spotlight on figthers going into the UFC that get the contracts. Tom Nolan the highlight on Episodes 1, another Aussie. I expect him to be on the Sydney card. Homeboy smashed it.

Few Brits on the Season 2. I'll try keeping tabs on it and updating it in here if anyone is interested in catching them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Oktagon 48 goes down in the UK tomorrow. Probably the best build up to a show no one really cares about i've ever seen. Oktagon does big business in places like Germany and the Czech Republic but this is their move into the UK market. From what I can gather, they haven't sold many tickets which is a shame, but the show is being aired live on DAZN and Channel 4 in some capacity (may be on the app only). 

Because i'm a degenerate, I like to follow the other promotions and Oktagon does a bang on job of making all their fighters seem like stars. The online content and fight promption stuff they do is probably second only to the UFC. This show alone has 2 reality show's leading in as well as Embedded style content and all sorts of shit. Here's the card:

F9_ykiqW4AEXU_J.thumb.jpg.390544129ff949b49a821eb5082e0132.jpg

there's a few names you may recognise, but you may look at that poster and think, 'who?', but they've got me invested in nearly every fight on the card through the social media stuff and through watching the reality show. Really good stuff, and like the PFL Europe, they've managed to gather up random UK fighters and make a big deal out of them. Oktagon deserves more love.

• Paid Members

Guessing nobody watched Oktagon, and the show unfortunately suffered from a couple of the big fights (including the main event) being stopped from cuts and nut shots but it was a good night of fights. Just to echo what I said in the previous post though, Oktagon do promotion better than anyone outside of the UFC for me, the company are big on providing background stories for the fighters to get the viewer invested, really good stuff. They didn't draw a huge crowd to the AO Arena but running there was overly ambitious. They are running Ireland soon and have a show booked for Newcastle in January. Get involved, it's a quality alternative.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

You've probably all forgotten about this one. Tomorrow night is Karate Combat 43, Pettis vs. Henderson. The sucker is free in youtube, nice little warm up before the UFC. Link to the show below:

oh, and SAM ALVEY IS IN THE CO-MAIN EVENT.

Edited by Egg Shen