Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Bellator post-fight show with Luke Thomas and Shaun Al-Shatti...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=wxiCr_i_dh0

Nubtastic.

Just watching the post-fight press conference. Scott Coker at the start looked like he was giving a speech at a funeral. What a weird show all in all.

Edit -

Shamrock at the press conference;

"I got kneed in the nuts. I don't know what else to say. I apologise to Royce and his corner because it wasn't his fault. He was doing what he had to do. It bothered me a lot because I figured in a main event fight, you had all those fans there waiting to see us end this our way...and all he had to do is stop and give me a chance to recover, to tuck my nuts back in and go again, and they call the fight?

:laugh:

Ken's post-fight interviews are the best ever.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yeh Coker looked a broken man, he couldn't even put a brave face on it.

Weirdly a few post-fight reports are giving it some praise. All along the lines of 'it was so bad it was good', Luke Thomas himself was quite upbeat about the whole thing.

• Paid Members

Finally, MMA fans get our own version of the 'Heroes of Wrestling' event that became tape trading gold. I struggled through this yesterday morning & just felt bad for anyone who'd bought tickets to watch it live. Obivously, if you're buying tickets to a card with these top 2 fights you're not expecting Lawler/Rory but still! It was a tragically hilarious clusterfuck.

I still can't my head around that Bellator show. Coker's methods have been questioned previously but ratings prove its a winning formula, but Saturday is the first time ive genuinely felt that the show did considerable damage to the promotion.

I know this event wasn't necessarily representative of the promotion but with all this talk of 'free agents' looking at Bellator I honestly can't see any UFC fighter, with any sense of ambition or their career in front of them watching this & thinking 'yep, this is the place for me to showcase my lifes work'. Dana must've been pissing himself.

Tyson on commentary during the Guillard fight summed up the whole night. Car crash stuff, Tyson has lost the plot.

I liked the bit where he admitted to his 5m twitter followers that he's never been on it & doesn't even know how it works.

I reserve any judgement on Coker's business ethics and plan until the rating's roll on in, to be fair they built two freakshow fights, but they had a shit ton of interest compared to any other MMA event excluding a UFC card, they out did this weekend's UFC to in all fairness, they were just unfortunate both of fight's turned out utter dogshite. Could well smash some high figures out ratings wise though.

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

I reserve any judgement on Coker's business ethics and plan until the rating's roll on in, to be fair they built two freakshow fights, but they had a shit ton of interest compared to any other MMA event excluding a UFC card, they out did this weekend's UFC to in all fairness, they were just unfortunate both of fight's turned out utter dogshite. Could well smash some high figures out ratings wise though.

ive no doubt that the show will draw huge numbers, i just don't think the promotion can host many more nights like that, eventually the bottom's gonna full out of the thing.

• Paid Members

nah it was scheduled for 3. There's a couple of conflicting reports but some are saying his he suffered renal failure and his heart stopped but he's stable now. The big lug was literally dying in front of our eyes. Apparently he cut 40lb in a week to make weight for the fight, absolute madness.

• Paid Members

From Luke Thomas

Kimbo-5000 averaged 2.5M 

King Kenny-Gracie - 2.4M.

With Thomas saying the Kimbo fight averaged more than Bellator have ever peaked before

The Notorious Kimbo Slice. Setting the game on fire and walking out of breath away.

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

Bellator will bring them all out now this has drawn huge. Kurt Angle, Mike Tyson, Bob Sapp, Steve Blackman, Jerry Flynn, Haku, Billy Jack Haynes, the fighter who was shagging Katie Price, a bloke in a foam head dressed as Bluto off Popeye. Anyone with a gimmick who had a bit of name value in the last 25 years will get a shot for that next ratings pop. A combination of big money and a lack of care for human beings means there is no limit on who they'll have fight next.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay