Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Download are announcing next Thursday, all 3 headliners plus more. The fact they're not giving any of the headliners their own announcement suggests smaller acts than in previous years.

 

That'll mean they can't afford GNR then? 

Posted

 

Download are announcing next Thursday, all 3 headliners plus more. The fact they're not giving any of the headliners their own announcement suggests smaller acts than in previous years.

 

That'll mean they can't afford GNR then? 

 

I can say without doubt GnR wont be at Download I reckon. More likey doing a Stadium show i think. Stand Free

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, all the Euro signs for GnR point towards stadiums which was to be expected really. Tickets for their US run have ranged between $60 - $600, this reunion will fall nicely into the corporate hospitality bracket (like the Stone Roses this year).

  • Paid Members
Posted

Download Paris announced Linkin Park, Blink-182 and System of a Down. That probably sounds about right for the UK doesn't it? My mate  on hearing gave me the usual 'fuck Download' speech that he gives me every year.

Posted

Download Paris announced Linkin Park, Blink-182 and System of a Down. That probably sounds about right for the UK doesn't it? My mate  on hearing gave me the usual 'fuck Download' speech that he gives me every year.

 

I never understand that, surely there are other festivals for these people? I mean Damnation is this weekend ffs.

Posted

They subheadlined in 2012, and were really good and I said at the time that next time they played they would headline.

As getting huge with you knowing, in terms of British rock acts they're one of the biggest. The last two albums both went straight to #1, and the two before went to #2 and #3 respectively.

 

Everything else is abit uninspired for me. I've been anAerosmith fan since I was 7 years old, but the fact Steven and Joey can't seem to stand eachother anymore leaves me a bit meh on them. That and they last played in 2014.

 

 

Bloodstock make their first announcements this coming Sunday

Posted

Jesus, I never knew they were that popular. Well done to them, not many rock bands do that well these days I'd imagine.

 

I saw Boris post that they are playing Pink in its entirety over here in December, I can't wait. They're pretty much my fav metal band.

 

2016.12.13(TUE) Electric Ballroom (London, UK)
2016.12.14(WED) The Fleece (Bristol, UK)
2016.12.15(THU) Sound Control (Manchester, UK)
2016.12.16(FRI) University (Newcastle, UK)
2016.12.18(SUN) Stereo (Glasgow, UK)
2016.12.19(MON) Brudenell (Leeds, UK)
2016.12.20(TUE) The Haunt (Brighton, UK)

  • Paid Members
Posted

14962700_10155397849639202_2956890739300

 

Biffy Clyro seems a weak choice for headliner, unless they got huge without me knowing.

 

Download & Glasto are the only major UK fests they've yet to headline. They've headlined R&L twice since they last played Download. In terms of live draw now they're the biggest headliner.

Posted (edited)

The only thing sticking out to me is Prophets of Rage which is a good get for them, everyone else is pretty by the numbers. Rob Zombie could be good, but it depends what slot he gets as to whether or not he'll get use his full production or not.

Slayer are Slayer, you know what your getting with them so long as Download do a better job with the sound than Bloodstock did this year

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Members
Posted

Seriously tempted by Download Paris now, as well as Groezrock.

 

I swear I've seen Slayer at Download 52 times...oh and coming from someone who loves Rage (and I mean fucking LOVES Rage) Prophets of Rage are absolutely shit.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Super excited for Prophets of Rage. Chuck D & B Real performing PE & Cypress tunes backed by RATM. It's a dream collab for me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...