The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

That's a hell of, if a bit random, a bill. The new Gojira album is awesome aswell. As corns alluded to, I could see Volbeat & Gojira touring as a pair but sticking them on with Alter Bridge seems way out of left field. Not that I don't like AB, but you just wouldn't think of putting that trio of a bands on a tour together

• Paid Members

I've been going through some personal shit recently and have discovered a wonderful band The Hotelier and this song in particular just breaks my heart. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eyj06wPIHYQPost hardcore-ish twiddly Texas Is The Reason-ish emo but quite indie and folk in some places.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, music eh? Fucking love. Imagine not loving music or bring into it at all.

Recently have gotten into this band as a result of this thread, cheers for the heads up!

• Paid Members

Volbeat (with support from Airbourne and Crobot) have announced some Euro dates for late October-mid November. No UK dates as yet, but I expect they're imminent

Rumours are Volbeat will be joining the tba Alter Bridge tour as main support in the UK

hell of a bill, i'll be attending Cardiff. Loves me some variety.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Mark Tremonti is responsible for Gojira being on the bill, he's a massive metal lover.

Those Alter Bridge, Volbeat and Gojira dates in full (Like A Storm are also the bill):

Nov 23: Manchester Arena

Nov 24: London O2 Arena

Nov 26: Nottingham Motorpoint Arena

Nov 27: Birmingham Genting Arena

Nov 28: Cardiff Motorpoint Arena

Dec 01: Glasgow Hydro

Dec 02: Leeds First Direct Arena

£35 for standing tickets, great price that

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I've been going through some personal shit recently and have discovered a wonderful band The Hotelier and this song in particular just breaks my heart.

Post hardcore-ish twiddly Texas Is The Reason-ish emo but quite indie and folk in some places.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, music eh? Fucking love. Imagine not loving music or bring into it at all.

Recently have gotten into this band as a result of this thread, cheers for the heads up!

Awesome!!! Love them so much, the new album is great, and there's an excellent set from one of The Fests where they play Home, Like No Place There Is in its entirety.

If you like them, check out Somos, You Blew It and Everyone Everywhere, all great twiddly 90s influenced emo.

Chaps.

Some advice needed. I've started seeing someone and she has got us tickets to go see a band called Lagwagon. I've never heard of them so what should I listen to. Also, should I bin her if she likes Lagwagon?

Chaps.

Some advice needed. I've started seeing someone and she has got us tickets to go see a band called Lagwagon. I've never heard of them so what should I listen to. Also, should I bin her if she likes Lagwagon?

'Hoss' and 'Let's Talk About Feelings' are probably their most well known albums.

If you like NOFX, Pennywise, Bouncing Souls or any other of 90s American Punk bands (not pop punk bands like what you'd hear on American Pie soundtracks) you should be ok.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I've been going through some personal shit recently and have discovered a wonderful band The Hotelier and this song in particular just breaks my heart.

Post hardcore-ish twiddly Texas Is The Reason-ish emo but quite indie and folk in some places.

Awesome!!! Love them so much, the new album is great, and there's an excellent set from one of The Fests where they play Home, Like No Place There Is in its entirety.

If you like them, check out Somos, You Blew It and Everyone Everywhere, all great twiddly 90s influenced emo.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm very guilty of just listening to my favourite old bands and albums these days, so it's good to discover some new bands, in a style I like.

No worries. I actually have the same thing, I'm guilty of just sticking to what I know, and used to hate Spotify for like "killing the album man" but it's a wonderful thing for discovering new music sometimes.

Also, there is a fantastic website called Punktastic, and their writers are very knowledgeable and have some really insightful new bands that's they recommend so definitely check that out if you like that sort of thing.

Chaps.

oh man, lagwagon are amazing!

May 16 is about the most popular track and one of my favorites, as is a track called "know it all"

Pretty sure a band called "useless id" are supporting them, so if you want to impress her further check out the album "the lost broken bones", it has some great tracks, my favorites include "mouse in a maze" and "killing a ghost"

Cheers buddy!