The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Jealous! Hellfest looks amazing. I've wanted to go for two years now but have not been able to get the dosh together.

Got Sabbath tickets this morning though for next January. Pricey as fuck and it'll probably take a bit of drinking on my part to balance out the fact that Ozzy's kinda just standing there doing knee bounces in his bat pyjamas but it's Sabbath.

Bucket list band.

Went to see Boysetsfire last night in Liverpool. Whilst I hardly listen to the band anymore all it takes is me seeing them live again to realise how much I loved them and in fact still do. Crazy to think the very first time I saw them was 2003 with Atreyu (ha!) supporting. Whilst the trio of After The Eulogy/Tomorrow Come Today/The Misery Index was undoubtedly their high point it's nice to see they're still making solid records and putting on a quality live show

• Paid Members

I only ever really listened to After the Eulogy when they were first around.. I dropped out after that but really liked the first comeback record they did. I'll have to check out the new one.

I think they are pretty much done for good after this tour though.

Edited by Egg Shen

That'd be a shame but understandable considering how long they've been going and I dont think there's much left for them to accomplish.

Ebb, you should definitely check out Tomorrow Come Today and The Misery Index. Like you say, the first comeback record was very good and just spinning the most recent one and it sounds solid enough.

• Paid Members

i've heard them both i just never really give them much attention. I'll get back onto it. I've actually got a signed copy of After the Eulogy from when i saw them in Newport supporting someone (might have been Funeral for a Friend) back in the day. That whole era of music is just a blur to me.

• Paid Members

Jealous! Hellfest looks amazing. I've wanted to go for two years now but have not been able to get the dosh together.

got back last night (spent an extra night in Nantes), i highly recommend it. Hellfest is easily the best big festival i've attended, in terms of setting & organisation (the weather was perfect too) it pisses on Download from a great height, the whole town of Clisson chips in and makes for a real friendly vibe, the local supermarket is transformed to cater for the festival and they even have bands playing in the car park outside. Feels like a proper community.

Band-wise it was great too, so many good sets over the course of the weekend. All the stages are close together, the best of all being the Warzone stage which is set up to look like it's set up in some kind of run down army camp, it looks amazing. I'd have stayed over there all weekend given the right lineup.

They also unveiled this Lemmy statue which is permanent to the site, class. I missed the Lemmy tribute at the end of the Twistd Sister set but it was great by all accounts.

IMG_87301-630x0.JPG

my only gripe for the festival would be that there were simply too many people on the site, it felt overcrowded. It was pretty full all the time but when Rammstein & Gojira played, the size of the crowd at the main stage were ridiculous.

• Paid Members

yeh, i'll be attending one of them, they were one of the highlights of Hellfest for me. New album is excellent too, they ain't added much to the mix but they can still pen a great tune.

• 2 weeks later...