Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ive just watched some live Shinedown stuff on youtube. He most definitely sings live, hell of a voice too, they just run tape for backing vocals. It's a bit of fakery but it's pretty common these days. Some people aint bothered, some people hate it.

 

I saw BMTH live from Reading on TV for a few tunes and Oli was definitely miming parts of the show. The majority of what you hear coming from the stage sounds like its coming from that Jordan Fish bloke, he's basically the main man in the band.

Posted

OK so this is a shameless plug here for The Rock Show LIVE! tomorrow, featuring chat with the legendary BIFF BYFORD of Saxon.  We'll be discussing the bands upcoming 8-platter gold vinyl release, entitled "The Vinyl Hoard", as well as playing a couple of Saxon tracks alongside some of the best in rock & metal from today & days past. :)

 

Get on it tomorrow (26 September) via the website - http://www.therockshowlive.com- from 8pm, & interact via the free chatbox, all the social media & e-mail (details on the site).

 

#eyethangewe

  • 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Deftones have announced three dates for next year over here as part of their Gore European Tour:

May 5th: London Alexandra Palace

May 6th: Manchester O2 Apollo

May 7th: Glasgow SECC

 

Tickets on sale Friday 28th October

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted

Deftones have announced three dates for next year over here as part of their Gore European Tour:

May 5th: London Alexandra Palace

May 6th: Manchester O2 Apollo

May 7th: Glasgow SECC

 

Tickets on sale Friday 28th October

Canna wait

Posted

Mayhem, performing De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, has just been announced for a European tour including UK shows. Needless to say, I am all over this.

Mar 29th: London- Electric Ballroom

Mar 30th: Manchester - Academy

Mar 31st Dublin - Academy

Apr 1st: Glasgow - Lords Of The Land

  • Paid Members
Posted

Download are announcing next Thursday, all 3 headliners plus more. The fact they're not giving any of the headliners their own announcement suggests smaller acts than in previous years.

Posted (edited)

I know they have done before but by doing it they're playing their strongest hand first.

Having said that I'm going to take a punt on Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold as headliners as Metallica have their new albums in three weeks and Avenged Sevenfold snuck their new album out today.

System Of A Down as a bit of a longshot for the final headliner, and then having smaller names on the undercard.

 

Differing topic a bit, but has anyone noticed that Metal Hammer seem to be fucking obsessed with Danny Worsnopp rejoining Asking Alexandria lately? Every day there is some sort of 'new' story related to it, which never actually adds anything new to it

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted

I'll be very surprised if Metallica are there tbh. They're apparently taking next year off from Euro fests and touring in the Autumn/Winter. I'd go for -

SOAD - A7X - Tool/Biffy

Posted

I saw Mayhem many moons ago with Maniac on vocals, he's not the best.. Would probably go if it's Attila these days? He was always the best imo. Never cared for Dead like many did, it always felt like he was so highly rated because of his suicide which people were more into than his actual music.

Posted (edited)

It is Attila in the band and has been for quite some time. Maniac has made appearances at some shows this year though.

 

If Tool confirm I'll be there for that day, but that's again dependant of if they ever finish that new album. I know they've played some US lately, but I'm not holding my breath either.

I'm sure Zmetallica could be persuaded if the price is right, but I reckon that Avenged Sevenfold are locked in and SOAD are a possibility.

 

Think Bloodstock will announce someone by the end of November also. There's been rumours that Emperor are returning again, especially after they were confirmed for Brutal Assault playing Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted

I don't know enough of there stuff to judge, I just know what I've heard of them isn't my thing.

I know they've topped the second stage a couple of times but I'd be suprised if they went straight to the top of the main.

 

With the way Metal Hammer are obsessed with them lately (Page 1 of news has three stories about them) , we could end up with Asking Alexandria is a high spot

  • Members
Posted (edited)

Yep, topped second stage, biggest UK show has been Ally Pally, off writing new record which should be sort of finished June time...I just think it would be perfect timing for them and they really deserve it. They put on an excellent live show as well...fair dos if they're not your cup of tea dude

 

I'm stumped for anyone else tbh...

 

Just seen SOAD are playing Download Spain so...

Edited by SuperBacon
  • Members
Posted

Blink 182 may have accidentally revealed themselves for Download 2017.

They tweeted "see you at @downloadfest" with a link to the UK event, which was promptly taken down.

Jokes, think they might have got bit confused as they're actually playing Download Paris along with SOAD and Linkin Park...a mirror for the UK?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...