The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone heading to Bloodstock this weekend? If so, who are you looking forward to?

On the main stage Judas Priest finally headline after years of the fans asking for it, Gojira getting bumped up to headliner is a great chance for them to shine, and I’m looking forward to Emperor, Suicidal Tendencies, Orden Ogan, Septic Flesh, Cannibal Corpse (and the accompanying Ace Ventura Hawaiian shirt & dance gathering), Jasta and guests (who I won’t spoil just incase). No idea why they’ve booked Mr Big though, that’ll definitely be a drinks break.

On the other stages- Pallbearer could be the act of the weekend for me. Also looking forward to (clashes permitting) Ingested, Weight of the Tide, A Forest of Stars and Watain are a great way to finish off the weekend. The New Blood stage always throws up a few good acts too

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Anyone heading to Bloodstock this weekend? If so, who are you looking forward to?

I'm not but I will say to check out Memoriam if you can, some solid Bolt Thrower-like death metal with their ex-vocalist Karl Willetts. He's a good guy too, been pissing off a lot of numpties by wearing a bunch of anti-fascist shirts in press photos and at gigs, it's amazing how many of them didn't realise the politics behind Bolt Thrower for all those years.

Yeah we saw when they played the 2nd stage the other year, think they only had the first Hellfire Demo’s out at that point, I don’t think they’d signed with Nuclear Blast by that point, but they pulled a decent crowd due to it being Willetts. They’ll do well on the main stage, in fact that Friday main stage (with the possible exception of Wednesday 13) is as good a lineup on one stage as you’ll find

• Paid Members

Im going, i aint paid much attention to the lineup this year but im hoping to catch some gems i hadnt known about previously. I'll be checking Power Trip, Wednesday 13, Watain & Behemoth. I'll just wing it whilst im there. Gojira's headline set could be pretty special.

I've recently been having Kerrang radio on in the background at home and heard Iron Maiden - Wrathchild which I only knew before cos of the Sikth cover. Anyway Maiden are a band I've never really liked the 'hits' by, do they have lots of songs similar to Wrathchild in style??? I quite liked it.

Also, Kerrang has about 5 bad songs for every good one so can anyone recommend a better rock/metal radio station. Can be an online one. Preferably with a mix of new and old songs. 

• Paid Members
On 8/7/2018 at 4:32 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Behemoth arn’t playing Egg. I reckon they will probably play next year though as they’ve got a new album out in October and will be in the touring cycle for that

Oh yeah! I didnt read this and didnt realise they weren't playing until i read the back of someones shirt on Friday afternoon 😂