The Smartphone & associated apps discussion thread

David

Was the Xperia Play an abject failure? The slide-out PlayStation controller makes it the best phone for gaming I can conceive of, but the guts of it aren't brilliant and it's a few years old now. Plus the screen on mine's half-knackered. They didn't stick with the controller in any newer phones, did they?

Erm, sort of. Sony has made an attachment of sorts that clips to the bottom of the some of the Xperia range of phones that works as a controld pad. I know the Xperia Z can be attached to a PS3 controller.

• Paid Members
No, they would appear on my standard contact list otherwise. This is only under my SMS messaging contact list. It's quite frustrating. Every person or company I have ever had contact with on my Gmail account is in the list.

Probably fixed now, but I imagine your phone is on the Internet? Maybe turn it off.

I had the same thing happen to me and it was fixed when I turned the Internet off so it couldn't get access to my Gmail contacts. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Y though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Was the Xperia Play an abject failure? The slide-out PlayStation controller makes it the best phone for gaming I can conceive of, but the guts of it aren't brilliant and it's a few years old now. Plus the screen on mine's half-knackered. They didn't stick with the controller in any newer phones, did they?

The Xperia Play is a fantastic bit of kit, if a little flimsy in terms of OS and getting physically damaged. Mines 2 nearly and the screen is scratched to hell, despite being protected for large parts and the os is struggling.

However, mine is stuffed full of emulators, Fire Pro on the GBA emu is fantastic and as a phone super easy to use. The only other real bug bear I've had is the lack of zoom on the camera which is insane on a phone these days.

I will be keeping it once upgraded as the battery life for games,especially emu is quite good and will certainly be my mobile gaming device. If I learn to crack it properly I'll put some Playstation/PSP isos on as well. Sorted.

From what I can tell, the new features that are available from iOS 7 on the iPhone aren't worth the slowdown that it brings, particularly in opening apps. Anyone heard/discovered any different?

I had no slow down at all using mine mate. Anyway i've done an article on my site and about some tricks and tips Clicky