The Smartphone & associated apps discussion thread

David

• Paid Members

I did my update last night - it was a nightmare, as I only had 1gb left, so I archived a lot of my photos to iPhoto, and was more selective about the music I had on the device, along with killing a bunch of apps that I either never used, or were in specific groups (like apps for visiting the UK). The nightmare came in following advice to restore the existing OS, in order to clear the "other" memory section. Took forever - DLing ios7 was a 20 minute experience in comparison, but I was sat around for hours waiting for the final ios6 to restore.

I'm happy with lots of the features that previous ios were lacking - I have lots of use for being able to quickly turn wifi on and off, and the other quick access is cool. I'm looking forward to the radio features. I personally think the new interface is fuck fugly, but ymmv.

• Awards Moderator

My iPhone keeps deleting the newer Notes I make. All my old ones stay, but any made in the past month, every couple of weeks or so, vanish as soon as I open Notes up. Gone, no trace, vanished. No way of getting them back, I presume? I'm having to write things and save them to the Drafts folder in my emails to ensure they don't delete themselves at the moment.

• Paid Members

Seems like there is going to be a huge shortage on iPhone 5S for launch tomorrow. Most O2 stores not going to have any stock and could be up to 8 weeks lead time on those.

Might wait a couple months to upgrade. Don't want to increase my phone bill when I don't have the new phone in my hand. I can stick with my 3 year old iPhone 4 for a couple more months!

Seems like there is going to be a huge shortage on iPhone 5S for launch tomorrow. Most O2 stores not going to have any stock and could be up to 8 weeks lead time on those.

Might wait a couple months to upgrade. Don't want to increase my phone bill when I don't have the new phone in my hand. I can stick with my 3 year old iPhone 4 for a couple more months!

Get an android phone, you'll never regret it :)

• Paid Members

Get an android phone, you'll never regret it :)

No thanks. iPhone is the easiest, most simple phone I've ever had. Simplicity is key for me. Never had a problem with it.

Plus... I want to be able to use the iFruit app. ;)