*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

• Paid Members

I still get ID'd at 28 now and then. It used to annoy me but I take it as a compliment now I'm fast approaching 30. It's really no big deal is it? Just take some ID with you until you look like a grizzled supermarket/off license vet. It takes seconds to get your ID out of your wallet and like a few others already said - if you forgot your ID that's your own fault, if you've got your ID on you what's the problem? The checkout workers don't make the rules anyway.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
But they will apologise though, in their undying crusade to keep customers- no master how fickle and twattish they may be- as happy as possible. When I worked at Sainsburys over ten years ago I remember that you'd bend over backwards for the customer even in cases where they were completely wrong and in some cases out of line.

I didn't. I used to put their Nectar vouchers in the bin or fingered my knob under the checkout before handling their fruit and veg.

So I've got an email back off Asda apologising for what happened. They even said they don't blame me for complaining and would have felt the same way had it happened to them. The issue has been taken to the Store Manager who will be rebriefing checkout staff on the correct time to ID customers. My complaint will be passed onto all checkout staff within that store and the store manager will take necessary actions.

I'm pleased with the outcome of this and how Asda have taken it seriously.

Let me get this straight, you chucked a wobbler because you got ID'd, complained about it and are gloating because you 'won'? It was a 12 you were buying? You sound like you are acting like you are 12 about it. The gloating and look at how self important 'I am' afterwards is completely unneeded.

It was a Check Out operator doing their job ( and having been there it's a completely thankless task), but you have to 'stick it to the man' when there is no need whatsoever. Whatever happened to 'common sense' and going with the flow vs 'what's in it for me'?

Did you want some kudos or recompense for this great 'social injustice' you've righted? or is it more a case of 'look at me', putting it against the system.

Totally cretinous thing to have done, vindictive and petty, which begs the question, why did you do it in the first place?

It was a Check Out operator doing their job ( and having been there it's a completely thankless task)

As it should be. What do you want for working on a till, a parade?

When I worked as one, I got a fucking fantastic wage ( So much so, I've not actually bettered it yet), great benefits and a load of cheap food. The thankless bit comes from people complaining about everything, it's not that far removed from being a 'phone monkey' 'cept at checkout level you get it face to face, even if you have done everything asked and more. If a customer's pissed you will get all barrels irrespective.

See Xmas Eve in stores when queues at checkouts are front to back of the store. People are narked at having to wait an hour or so to get their shopping scanned and get really, really fucking pissed at you because of the delays, even though you can do fuck all about it and it's not your fault that they were delayed in the first place.

On a different tack, I'm at a 3 at present, spent hundreds of pounds on dentistry to save a tooth, over a number of years. Everything was fine till about 4 weeks ago, when a bit of it broke off, and there was the potential was that it was going to be root canalled. In the interim, the tooth was filled as best as could until could be sorted.

Well yesterday, another large bit broke off, meaning it will have to be pulled instead. It's annoying especially after all the work to try and save it. Im currently waiting for the emergency dentist to ring me back to get it pulled. if not, will have to spend more dosh and endure lots of pain tomorrow instead at the normal dentist. Complete palava for a gappy gob. Bah!

I'd like to see a screen grab of this email. I don't like how that email seems strangely, perfectly designed to try and close this argument and not your own. I could see them apologising for any inconvenience or something equally as wooly, but shit like they'd 'do the same' in your position and they'd rebrief staff on when to use the policy doesn't sit right. The second part, in fact, is in direct contrast to their own policy.

Get your emails out for the lads.

They didn't have a direct email address but I got one off a mate I used to work with, I've emailed a counter complaint, complete with a screen grab of that email and a mini-lecture about how it isn't fair that after the pressure the staff are under to get it right and the pressure their supervisors are in to back them even in ridiculous situations, that a distant service team would undermine them, and chuck them under the bus just to avoid confrontation.

I'm sure I'll get the same platitudes back as the Professor.

It's weird, I never complain. I always err on the side of 'they're just doing their job' in most situations. But, seeing some plank behind a computer chuck his company's policy and staff under the bus has really wound me up. I've seen old ladies agonise over this policy and breaking their heart over getting shouted at by angry customers. Fucking Jonjo. Berk.

• Paid Members
25eyc9l.png

As requested.

I wasn't expecting a reply like this really. I was however expecting something going into detail about the Policy on how important it is to Asda. I did say "do the same" in the previous post but she did actually say "felt the same" which if she did, she may have took the same approach as me.

Yeah you've been fobbed off there.

Apologise - check

Promise something without having to validate it - check

Get away without giving anything to the customer - check.

That's the absolute generic response for appeasing the customer and not actually having to do anything. Big win.

It's weird, I never complain. I always err on the side of 'they're just doing their job' in most situations.

That's never an excuse. One of the reasons these people are employed is to be a body to take the brunt of customer dissatisfaction, even if the thing the customer is upset about is the result of a stupid corporate policy. Either Jonjo's going to get the manager to enforce less cuntishness about 12 certificates in the shop, or he's just wet-talking to a customer who has emailed, and he will never do anything. If it's the former, everyone wins. If it's the latter, and it most likely is the latter, nobody loses anything. Either way, if nobody ever says anything, stupid corporate policies don't get re-evaluated. Chances are, even if people do speak up, stupid corporate policies don't get re-evaluated. But it's worth a go. If the till monkey was just following orders properly, they can't get bollocked for it anyway unless lies enter the equation somewhere.

Archived