*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

Cheers, I don't know what's going to happen now.

The thing is, he has never been excluded from anything. We talk openly in the office as there's no point in trying to keep secrets. The only thing not openly talked about are women's things which I'm pleased about. I think this is the problem. The girls will lower there voices to talk about problems and stuff and he assumes they're talking about him. At one point I caught him listening through a door to the girls conversation while they were having a smoke. Did he hear anything about him? Nope.

Anyway, I've been writing a list of examples of his bad behaviour around the office, including leaving his post, racist jokes and intimidation to others and when I go back I'm presenting it to our boss. After that I'll see what happens but I can't see how he'd get away with it if it does go that far.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

I'm bloody livid right now. I'm trying to find a book I am in urgent need of. I know this book is in my possession. Can I find it? Anywhere? No, of course I bloody can't. I've systematically gone through every available space in the house, at least four times, to no avail. I've looked through every shelf there is, and found practically every other book known to humankind EXCEPT the one solitary little book I actually need. Frustrated beyond belief. I know it's somewhere, it can't not be. So where the fucking fuck's the fucking book? Bloody livid at myself for somehow losing it at some point over the last ... year, I think. I can't even remember, I'm too irritated.

EDIT: Fucking YES. It was in a carrier bag, under a box, which was itself under a pile of dog towels, in the garage. It was so OBVIOUS.

• Paid Members
I'm bloody livid right now. I'm trying to find a book I am in urgent need of. I know this book is in my possession. Can I find it? Anywhere? No, of course I bloody can't. I've systematically gone through every available space in the house, at least four times, to no avail. I've looked through every shelf there is, and found practically every other book known to humankind EXCEPT the one solitary little book I actually need. Frustrated beyond belief. I know it's somewhere, it can't not be. So where the fucking fuck's the fucking book? Bloody livid at myself for somehow losing it at some point over the last ... year, I think. I can't even remember, I'm too irritated.

EDIT: Fucking YES. It was in a carrier bag, under a box, which was itself under a pile of dog towels, in the garage. It was so OBVIOUS.

I have to know what book caused this pain.

I'm thinking passport.

Christ I've been there. It's amazing how some things travel. And you always find "it" after it was needed.

I went to Asda today to purchase Man Of Steel. I presented it at the till and got asked for ID for a fucking 12. Now I'm 22 and to be honestly I don't look 22. I look around 19 years old with a small goatie surrounding my lips. I questioned the woman about it and she said it's Challenge 25 for a 12 restricted product apparently? Obviously I questioned this and said how ridiculous it is. The woman said it was but continued her process. I presented my Driving Licence and she couldn't even find the date of Birth. Number one why would I have a Licence if I was under 12? And how does she not know where the bloody date is? I was also purchasing a fragrance as aswell as a Christmas present which she couldn't get the security tag off which took around 3 minutes before she called for assistance.

Anyway I understand people wanting to do their job properly but this is sheer stupidity. There's a major difference with somebody who looks 11 and 19 (which I'd say is a good comparison of how I look). I've took the matter further to Customer Services and I've asked about training, policies, procedures and legislation which makes them take a sheer ridiculous approach to this. I'm not being a bellend about it taking if further, I understand she was doing her job but she could use some common sense rather than be an absolute clown with the situation.

Just for a matter of fact I don't mind being asked for ID for alcohol, I think it's good thing for the country.

They're not allowed to use common sense and yes, you were being an uptight nob for going to customer service about her doing her job. Especially as you had ID and got the DVD.

I've worked for ASDA, challenge 25 is their policy on age restricted products. They send round 'mystery' members of staff aged anywhere from 17 to 24 to buy aged restricted products and if the staff fuck it up, even if they know the member of staff they're serving, they get disciplinary action taken against them.

There's no scope for them to use discretion, its drummed into them everyday that if they serve someone underage when the police are watching they'll have criminal charges brought against them, may lose their job and may be fined a grand. Which is a lot when you earn peanuts. Plus, they have to spend their entire day wearing bright green having to put up with angry young men precious about the fact they've got ID'd for a DVD.

Give them a break next time.

Though, at least you gave them a laugh at lunch time when they talk about the weird little fella with the goatee who was asking about training, policies and procedure. Who does that?

My girlfriend worked for Serve Legal for a year or so and used to checks on there so I know about that. All I'm saying is its absolutely ridiculous how they're doing it for a fucking 12! I completely agree with it being for an 18 but its just getting abit daft now. I guess you'd feel abit different if it was to happen to you.

No, it's no different if its an 18 or a 12. They're both legal restrictions and the poor sod on the till is bound by her employers policy regardless.

You've just got your arse in your hands because you look young and your precious bum fluff beard wasn't good enough to Clark Kent your way out of it.

People have such a shitty, precious attitude towards minimum wage service people in this country.

I'm being picky here, but I went on the DLR today and the woman on the PA kept saying to 'move to the centre trains to alight'. This grated on me, though admittedly I'm probably the only one who it grated on. I think it's because I don't understand why they use that term. Wouldn't it make more sense to say to go to the centre trains to get off, which is easier to understand for both natives and foreigners? I mean, I don't want language to be completely simplified but in terms of instructions, you make it as simple as possible.

I'll admit, it's a bit of an odd one.

• Paid Members
I'm being picky here, but I went on the DLR today and the woman on the PA kept saying to 'move to the centre trains to alight'. This grated on me, though admittedly I'm probably the only one who it grated on. I think it's because I don't understand why they use that term. Wouldn't it make more sense to say to go to the centre trains to get off, which is easier to understand for both natives and foreigners? I mean, I don't want language to be completely simplified but in terms of instructions, you make it as simple as possible.

I'll admit, it's a bit of an odd one.

First question. Will the woman on the PA be providing this service on the centre train to get off, herself?

If so, is she hot?

No, it's no different if its an 18 or a 12. They're both legal restrictions and the poor sod on the till is bound by her employers policy regardless.

Come on, there is a difference.

Having said that, banging on about training procedures and legislations has made you look a tit.

In regards to the PA, it's the automated voice.

Archived