*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

As much as I would love to throw most of the clientele out, unfortunately I really can't, even though I do possess the power...

The reason being is that we are all about "loving the customer", basically sacrificing business to make sure people are happy. I understand its to keep people loyal etc, but there are so many times when I have been propert abused. One time, a group if drunk guys came in and one of them said that he would take me out the back and rape me unless I give him a table right now (in oz, you aren't allowed intoxicated people on your premises, and I had refused them entry). They ended up taking a seat (I wanted to get them out of my hair), and then they complained their knife wasn't sharp enough, the the restaurant manager gave them a VIP knife to use (we have people that have special steak knives to use when they come in, if they are a regular/rich/friend of owner -usually twats). Basically they got rewarded for being arseholes.

I've been shouted at countless times by people for the "window table" reason so many times, in front if other people dining. Being publicly embarrassed is somewhat of a necessity these days. We do have a VIP come in who is an underground criminal and runs a lot of crime rings around here, but is actually very kind and polite when he comes in, so very respectful to all of us. I always tell him about what happens with these rude people and he is always saying that he wi throw them out for me if he ever sees it. He only comes in at lunchtimes though and the bad stuff always happens at night.

I really could write for days about the stupid shit I have to put up with. Yes I have thought about quitting but im saving for flight tickets to England, a wedding, and To go back to uni, and although I don't get paid enough for my role, I sure as shit would get paid much less anywhere else...

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It sounds horrendous there, but yeah each and every one seems to think they're the centre of the universe. Working in the service industry is a drag at the best of times but its so much worse if the 'customer' doesn't get what they want. It only takes one to ruin your day as well. I work in something similar where I'm having to give people a reality check and they don't like it but you get surprisingly used to the backlash, desensitised. If you find yourself taking it out on others though then its definitely time to quit.

RANT

I have some hate for today, work related. I work in hospitality now, and although generally I am quite a nice/good person, I do have a breaking point when it comes to the general public of. See below:

1) "Oh but I requested a window table, why have you put me near the back, you've ruined my birthday". First of all, every single motherfucker in the restaurant has requested a window table, but I only have 10 of those, which means 92% of all the people requesting a window table, ain't getting one. And rest assured sunshine, if I wanted to ruin your birthday, I would do something a bit more serious than not give you a window table - like throwing acid in your face

2) "I know the owner" - oh really? so why aren't you calling him to make your booking?

3) "It's too cold, turn the air con off " - You want me to turn the air con off in a restaurant that currently has 300 guests that are perfectly comfortable? Put your coat on.

4) "I would like to to book a table for 15 people at 7.30pm", "Sorry sir for 15 people the only time I would have available is 8.45pm", "oh, so you don't have 7.30pm?", "no, sorry sir, I just have 8.45pm", "oh, ok then. So you really don't have 7.30pm?", "No sorry sir, I just have 8.45pm", "Couldn't you squeeze us in somewhere?" "LET ME ASSURE YOU THAT IF I COULD SQUEEZE YOU IN I WOULD JUST TO SHUT YOU UP"

5) "We made a booking for 2 people but now we have 10, is that ok?" No it is fucking not OK. It is Friday night and we are fucking fully booked and now that you have shown up with 10 people, it is going to make another reservations table delayed, so then they are going to get angry with ME all because you OBVIOUSLY COULD NOT ORGANISE A PISS UP IN A BREWERY ie, have the common sense to maybe use your social organisation skills to their full potential.

:dickin:

Ever thought that you're in the wrong job?

* I'll give you point 5 though

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

I just got a refurbished laptop from eBay. Sat down to watch a couple of bits on YouTube - and it doesn't have a fucking sound card in it, which means I have to traipse to sodding Micro Direct now and sort out something for it. Either that or I'll have to try and watch The Awakening with no sound and the subtitles on and pretend to see what it's like to be deaf.

I just got a refurbished laptop from eBay. Sat down to watch a couple of bits on YouTube - and it doesn't have a fucking sound card in it, which means I have to traipse to sodding Micro Direct now and sort out something for it. Either that or I'll have to try and watch The Awakening with no sound and the subtitles on and pretend to see what it's like to be deaf.

Is there really no on-board sound/3.5mm socket?

How about this guy if you have some speakers to plug in?

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm back from work and I'm pissed to high heaven. So I'm bringing this bitch back.

Firstly, I enjoy my job, we are a small team working away from the big offices doing admin duties. We have a laugh, do a good job and feel pride for what we do. But there's one person, and he is not someone you'll want to meet in a dark alley, on account he'd bore you to death.

He is awkward as hell and at first you think he's alright just a little shy or something. But then he turns. A while ago one of the team asked him to do something very simple and he turned, he stood over her, shouted and got incredibly aggressive to the point she had to leave the room. Next thing we know, he's wallowing in self pity and blaming her for daring to ask him to do something. That was the first thing and since then he has come out with racist comments, slagged off a member of staff to me because she's fat and constantly bitches about us behind our backs to other members of staff, we know cause it gets back to us.

Recently, things have been getting worse. We set up team meetings to discuss changes and stuff, where we feel like bringing out our problems without naming names. He doesn't listen and sulks if we don't accept his ideas. Now, he's been ditching his work. He'll do a bit, but then he decides he doesn't want to anymore and will find any excuse to stop. It was so bad, we decided to bring it up at our review this week.

Well, we get in and he's written a strongly worded e-mail to HR and tried to get us all fired. Worthless fucking cock sucking streak of bloody piss. Apparently he wants more responsibilities and we pointed out he has more, but he's ignored it for stuff he'd prefer to do. We did our best to point out that he causes more problems than he helps but the boss doesn't know what to do. Luckily one of kept notes on all the things he's done and we have a record of him goofing off and not contributing to our work.

I'm sorry to moan, but he's brought everything on himself with his selfish and horrible attitude and he then has the gall to play victim. Makes me fucking mad.

Archived