*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
He sounds a bit mentally ill.

Or a spoilt brat that isn't used to not getting things his way.

This a thousand times. He's told us before he's a miracle baby according to his parents so...

So he's basically just a cunt then.

I had one like that at Royal Mail. Kept on saying he was lucky to be alive due to the fact he was a "blue baby". Docs called him a miracle. Not all of the time, but he'd pop it into situations where stuff like that didn't need to be said.

Wow, I never knew such things existed! And I can't think of any reason why they would be needed, other than in (surely rare) cases like Devon's?

If your headphone socket becomes loose and intermittent, banging one of those babies in your USB port can give you a fresh new one. Basically, for the price of a pint of beer you can avoid the inconvenience of having to replace a headphone socket.

I panic bought one (of that exact model) just the other week, but it ended up being my actual headphones that were fucked, rather than the socket. What was strange though, was that the fault persisted when I tried a few pairs of low end ear phones in the socket. After a new pair of semi reasonable headphones arrived for me though, the problem was solved.

It got fucking worse today.

Went in feeling livid only to be reminded it's the Christmas lunch, so whoopee. Anyway, the man in question was trying to shoot the shit and laughing at his own jokes at which point the boss walked in and asked to have a word. He came back happy as larry and whistling, so I went and had a word with my boss. Basically he said things like the issue had been resolved to a point and just keep a diary of things. I go back and the others went for a word leaving me alone in the office with him.

So he starts 'Listen, I decided to address the atmosphere in the office...' basically he started crowing about how awful we all are and I said, I'm not discussing anything without the boss there. He continued wallowing in self pity to the point I snapped. I wish Shamrock style but I just shouted 'You tried to cost me my job!' over and over but he kept saying he didn't. Cunt. I stormed off shaking from head to toe. I boss address the whole team but the guy deflected all the blame to us and didn't listen.

HE then just kept laughing and joking around while we all feel shit. We went to Xmas lunch and our little team was just flat and awful feeling, except for the special one who laughed and joked, then he tried to talk to us again and we shut him down.

The end of the day came and I went to my boss and said I don't want to go but I have to think about my life professional and personal and if he'd throw me under a bus like at over his own ego and paranoia, I've got to think of myself. I'm off until Wednesday and said I'd really think about it. But as we left one of the girls broke down. See the other thing he does is run to other departments and tells them his sad sad little story, and some buy it, others don't but some do and the girl said she hated it cause he calls her all the names under the sun (true), spreads lies about her and then they look at her like a monster. I tried to reassure her but she's beaten down by him and his prick behaviour.

I really hate him, he's ruined a great job, tried to ruin our reputations and he fucking wins.

• Paid Members

People like that get their come uppance eventually but you need to have another Xmas lunch out of works time and leave him out. You'd all enjoy yourselves and have something to chat about afterwards, he'll feel left out and would drive him mad. He sounds like an attention seeking sad sack.

• Paid Members
Is there really no on-board sound/3.5mm socket?

How about this guy if you have some speakers to plug in?

Wow, I never knew such things existed! And I can't think of any reason why they would be needed, other than in (surely rare) cases like Devon's?

Cheaper than replacing a broken soundcard though.

spotlightmagnet1,

What kills me is the lengths these fuckers will use legislation meant to protect employees to wriggle out of any consequences connected with their behaviour. When I worked in the Civil Service I was a (proud) Union Representative in the PCS. In the adjacent office to where I worked was a guy who could be a hopeless alcoholic. Sometimes he could bevvy and be amazing company but sometimes the biggest pain in the arse sleaze you would pray not to meet, particularly of you were or were with attractive females.

Things came to a head, after countless situations, when he fell asleep at a night out then woke up next to a balcony where there was plastic green leaves. Thinking he was outside he proceeded to get his cock out and urinate over the plastic. He was lucky not to get himself killed as the balcony overlooked the main bar area where all the public were and his piss was deflected by the plastic and not through the mesh fencing and onto the people below.

Anyway, his colleagues approached me asking how they could put to him that he was no longer welcome at the frequent work nights out. I had to explain to them how carefull they needed to be as the definition of bullying by ostracisation meant that no matter what he had previously done this could be classed as bullying. This included, and people never beleive me when I state this, that this includes any office discussion or conversation outwith work where he was present of any event that he was not invited to. For example should a member of staff invite two people to their house in order to watch the X Factor final even if this is discussed where all the people are on their lunch his presence means he can claim this as bullying.

Same as some lazy bastard who I refused to represent as over her fifteen years in the, large, Public Sector organisation had taken six months off with stress on at least six occassions only to claim midway through each absence that her condition was due to being bullied. On each occasion this caused real grief to the member(s) of staff - usually a single member of staff that she sat closest to as it was then one persons word against another - due to her lies. Despite HR having a clear record of her employement history within the place and her umpteen vexatious and malicious complaints made only so she could be transferred to a new department and have a clean slate thus negating her record of being a lazy bastard each case was investigated with the onus upon the person alledged to have conducted the bullying. It is disgusting.

I am no anti-employee legislation advocate such as that cunt Katie Hopkins but it is ridiculously diffucult to touch theese bastards within a work envirioment.

Hope the end result is positive for you and your work mates.

Archived