*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

• Paid Members

Fucking balls and bollocks. The wife is feeling unwell, and very anxious about it. We went to see an apartment recently, and the woman subletting it is being cagey about it, probably is either getting a better offer elsewhere or has already rented it and is too discourteous to tell us. I keep oversleeping, and that can't happen tomorrow, as I have a really important meeting. Despite the long sleeps, they're clearly also not good sleeps, as I'm totally exhausted constantly. Got no money. Got big bills coming in. Owe money to my parents, so I can't use the money that's coming from UK freelance to pay these bills, and it even got to the point where I was trying to bypass my bank account and sneak it out, that's my desperation level. Fucked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people take videos on their phone in portrait? How often do you see TV's or computer monitors being used in 9:16 aspect ratio? This is especially infuriating at work. We're a post house, so you'd think people would know a thing or two about file formats, aspect ratios, etc. Yet whenever someone has a tribute or congratulations video, half of the clips are always filmed in portrait and then the final video has these clips of people in portrait and 80% of the picture is black bars and it looks total shit.

• Paid Members

Fucking job hunting.

The agency has just offered me a one day driving job. I did one for them last week, but because of how far the depot is and JC+ deducting what I earn, I ended up out of pocket. I said that if there's more than one day a week available then great, if not I can't. The woman had a strop and it sounds like I won't be getting anything else through them.

Reading through the local job sites and companies are wanting a fucking Bachelor's Degree for a

• Paid Members

Man, I feel your pain. It's an employers' market right now, and a lot of them take the piss. I've seen one company advertising a position for a translator who speaks English, German, Korean and Japanese, and they're offering 14K. Ludicrous.

I'm at my wits' end trying to find a permanent position right now; I've got a BA and a Masters, a wide range of experience, and all I get is how I'm deficient in one area or another. I'm currently doing a diploma in Digital Marketing to try and cover this shortfall, so here's hoping this might solve the problem, but it's still massively frustrating.

• Paid Members
14k?! That's mad. I feel overpaid now...

Making fat stacks, bitch.

Naw, it's just that someone who can speak English, German, Korean and Japanese should surely be earning more then me when my job largely consists of boring adminy nonsense that anybody could do with a couple weeks training...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm ill, the type of ill that you wouldn't wish on people. Sweating from places you never knew you could sweat from, shaking like a shitting dog, having body parts go into spasm for daring to put them at an angle your illness doesn't want.

My head feels like it's been boiled in a kettle, my back feels like it's being slowly run over by a double decker bus, my knee and ankle joints feel like they've been filled with cheap concrete. I've hardly left my sofa in 4 days, and only left the house once as I ran out of teabags and brew is my only solace at the moment, that 10 minute journey to Tesco and back took 35 minutes. I've not felt this bad since 2005 when I was hallucinating with the Norovirus.

A quick mention of this on Facebook, namely to inform my wife who's up North at the mo, and me Mum and Dad who I haven't had the energy to speak to over the last few days and what do I get?

You know it already don't you.

The slimy fat Jock cow from work that no-one likes, the one that smells of Body Odour 90% of the time and wet dog the other 10. The one who plays badminton and skittles semi-professionally, the one whose wardrobe consists of Check shirts and black vests. The one who out and out refused to change her surname when she got married. Her and what does she post?

'Man-Flu eh? ... Man up!"

FUUUUUUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFF!

Whoever thought of that title 'man-flu' needs shooting, it's female chauvanism at it's most basic, why the fuck are men no longer allowed to get ill? In a way (I don't obviously) I hope I die from this shit and she's forced to live with that comment.

At what point in history did it get impossible for men suffering with a legitimate bout of 'you're not moving for days sunshine' influenza without the female population standing on their desks, pointing and snidely shouting 'PUSSY' at you for daring to catch a nasty strain of a virus?

• Paid Members
I'm ill, the type of ill that you wouldn't wish on people. Sweating from places you never knew you could sweat from, shaking like a shitting dog, having body parts go into spasm for daring to put them at an angle your illness doesn't want.

My head feels like it's been boiled in a kettle, my back feels like it's being slowly run over by a double decker bus, my knee and ankle joints feel like they've been filled with cheap concrete. I've hardly left my sofa in 4 days, and only left the house once as I ran out of teabags and brew is my only solace at the moment, that 10 minute journey to Tesco and back took 35 minutes. I've not felt this bad since 2005 when I was hallucinating with the Norovirus.

A quick mention of this on Facebook, namely to inform my wife who's up North at the mo, and me Mum and Dad who I haven't had the energy to speak to over the last few days and what do I get?

You know it already don't you.

The slimy fat Jock cow from work that no-one likes, the one that smells of Body Odour 90% of the time and wet dog the other 10. The one who plays badminton and skittles semi-professionally, the one whose wardrobe consists of Check shirts and black vests. The one who out and out refused to change her surname when she got married. Her and what does she post?

'Man-Flu eh? ... Man up!"

FUUUUUUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFF!

Whoever thought of that title 'man-flu' needs shooting, it's female chauvanism at it's most basic, why the fuck are men no longer allowed to get ill? In a way (I don't obviously) I hope I die from this shit and she's forced to live with that comment.

At what point in history did it get impossible for men suffering with a legitimate bout of 'you're not moving for days sunshine' influenza without the female population standing on their desks, pointing and snidely shouting 'PUSSY' at you for daring to catch a nasty strain of a virus?

The whole 'man flu' thing is shit, admittedly (but what Keith said), but probably not quite so much as this post. Oh dear.

Archived