The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I spent last night in the pub, and talk turned to cricket and the state of the test team pretty quickly. It was mentioned, and I must admit I had never thought about this, that it is almost like the ECB want the Test team to fail so attendances tank to justify them focusing more on the money-spinning white ball games...

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'd pick Roy and Hales. Both our openers don't make it past 10 overs, so we may as well be 90-2 off 10 than 20-2.

In all seriousness though, could this work as a test match tactic? At least we'd have a start!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

In all seriousness though, could this work as a test match tactic? At least we'd have a start!

Well fielding restrictions are different in test matches, so I say no. 

• Paid Members

Don't know if between inning talk is classed as "live chat", but if ever there was a need for our openers to bat long it's now. England should be looking to bat for the best part of 2 days here. So We're going to be 30-4 aren't we?

• Paid Members

Why do India have so much trouble with Moeen Ali?! Also, what happened to Stokes not being able to bowl?

I'd say that we should have played an extra batsman instead but maybe 11 all-rounders might be the way forward. That's probably why Jennings bowled, they're going to turn him into a paceman.

• Paid Members

Weird, but entertaining day to attend live. Anderson looked well out of sorts, some of the bowling changes by Root were bizarre and I also don't really know why Mo troubles India so much, especially at Southampton. Shaped up to be a cracking final innings battle.

Couple of cracking pitch invaders too. One man in a bathing suit got across the whole ground and escaped. Another who was carrying significantly more timber was wiped out prior to getting near the strip. Poor effort.

• Paid Members

That'll likely be the extent of it. Think we'll end up posting a lead of around 200 and not quite defend it.

I hate the Ageus Bowl. It fights out with Sofia Garden in my list of worst UK grounds. It's utterly soulless, from the Rod Bransgrove Pavillion, to the Shane Warne Bar. It's in the middle of nowhere to the extent it doesn't have reception and you can't get there without a poxy park and ride. Facilities and view are fine, but it feels very American and I don't like that at a test match.

Edited by Gus Mears