The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

The only way Curran will learn how to play in those conditions is to play in those conditions. Anderson was in his late 20s when he learned how to bowl in Asia and on the Caribbean dustbowls.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

They've gone with the same squad for Trent Bridge haven't they, so no Stokes. 

They said that if Stokes got off, he would be added to the squad...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Yeah that's true, but we're going to win this series 4 or 5 nil. I'd rather Curran gets a few more games of test match experience under his belt.

We already know what Curran can do here. As we have already discussed, it is how he plays on sub continental dust bowls where it doesn't swing. That's how we are going to find out about him. 

• Paid Members

What we'll probably find out, judging by the experience we've had with every other good England seamer over the last 25 years going out there for the first time, is that he will struggle and not do very well and everyone will start going, "Nuhhh he hasn't got enough pace and if it doesn't swing he's no good!"

Then he'll get dropped and Jake Ball will get a recall.

• Paid Members

This Stokes situation really doesn't sit well with me. What sort of message does this and out to the up and comers and fringe players? That you can perform brilliantly, do everything that is asked of you but you can fuck off when an established player returns.

I

• Moderators

I'm not a massive fan of the message it puts out either to young county players. Get an opportunity, make the most of it, get a man of the match award, perform brilliantly, get fucked off because someone was charged with the wrong crime. Stokes should have had to wait until someone lost form.