The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

9 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Wonderful bit of visual comedy at Gloucestershire the other day when a tail-ender came out for his first ball, hit it straight ahead, began running, got run out, and just carried on running back to the pavilion without selling it whatsoever.

Bushwhacker Luke Wright?

• Paid Members

So I got a text message from my mate who was umpiring this local league game today. You will see from the picture below that one of the players bowled 2 overs. The 2nd over went for 50 runs! 2 no balls both hit for 6, 10 wides and the remaining runs off the legitimate balls. It's a brave captain that gives him another over when the first one has gone for 17 anyway. Sense prevailed after the 2nd over!

Screenshot_20180819-224522_Chrome.jpg

• Paid Members

The County Championship season is so stupid. Despite my best efforts to mark Somerset home games, I'm going to miss all 4 days of Somerset vs Essex due to work commitments because they have scheduled a sole game randomly wedged at the end of the Blast group stages. It's very difficult to work out when on earth we are playing. I always go for idiocy over perniciousness with the ECB, but Christ, it really is like they are deliberately making it confusing so no one turns up.  

Edited by Gus Mears

14 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Lion's post.

That's quite incredible.

I played in a game a few years back when our Overseas Pro struck 41 off an over. No ball that went for 6, five more 6s, then the seventh ball went for 4. That's the most I've seen. 

Life changing stuff I know, but there you go.

• Paid Members

Does anyone remember the name of the cricket 'management' game for the C64? Tried searching for it but come up blank. It was really good, aside from the time Jonty Rhodes got 225* against me to win a test.

• Paid Members

just been thinking about our openers, seeing as Cook look's to be missing the 4th Test and Jennings just looks to be rubbish at cricket in general and it got me thinking. Has anyone's stock ever dropped as much as Hameed's has since getting his go for England? I mean, they were speaking of him as our next great opening batsmen, but he has totally shit the bed since. I saw somewhere that his average this season is 9 from 14 innings and now he's only playing second XI for Lancashire...

• Paid Members

No one ever thought he was that fantastic anyway, but Simon Kerrigan has had a career trajectory like the Hindenburg since his one test with England. He's been so shit for so long, that Lancs have put him in a coaching role, rather than risk him throwing pies left, right and centre. He's still only 29. He's got about as good a shot of playing first class cricket again as Monty at this point. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Just wonder how much different things would have been for Hameed if he didn't get that injury after that excellent start against India. He hasn't scored any runs for about 2 years now.

Kerrigan got the total yips, I doubt he'll ever play first class cricket again. England knew it too, that's why he didn't bowl more than 9 overs in that test. Just fell to pieces under the pressure, as some people unfortunately do.