The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

There's a chance Moeen might get in ahead of him after his double century and bunch of wickets this week. But James Vince is fucking crap. He's been given more than enough chances.

• Paid Members

I'd give Butler the gloves and put Ali in instead of Bairstow. At least Ali has shown that he is able to bat a bit at Test Match level, unlike Vince who I just don't see the attraction of...

• Paid Members

I'm actually in attendance for day 2 of the next test and am already mentally visualising him nicking one to slip on about 28 and walking off in his usual gormless fashion. Completely devoid of emotion or the realisation that he's, again, fucking up our chances of winning a test match. 

I think I could deal more with Vince if he appeared to be trying. He seems entirely happy with his lacklustre performances. 

• Paid Members

It's a year or so old but this is a really good article about my namesake's finest hour. My favourite bit is Daffy saying that they crapped it a bit.

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1111590/-i-saw-some-of-the-so-called-tough-guys-of-world-cricket-tremble

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It's a year or so old but this is a really good article about my namesake's finest hour. My favourite bit is Daffy saying that they crapped it a bit.

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1111590/-i-saw-some-of-the-so-called-tough-guys-of-world-cricket-tremble

I can remember watching that series with my Grandad. The Atherton ball tampering stuff really stands out, as my Grandad was going mad as he still believed that cricket was the one sport where the "spirit of the game" was still intact.

Changing the subject slightly, what do we all think to the possibility of the selectors taking the gloves off Johnny Bairstow? Personally, it's another one of those calls that won't sit right with me. Just like Curren being replaces with Stokes, it's sending the right message to the many county prospects that it doesn't matter how hard you work on improving your game(as Johnny B has done with his 'Keeping), if your face doesn't fit, you're not getting a chance...

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

So, Ollie Pope dropped. But James Vince called up. How the fuck does that work?

Two chances to make a name for yourself the fuck off back to the county scene. Nonsense.