What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Definitely watch Big Top starring Amanda Holden. You know it's a quality British sitcom, because they ended the series before it had too many episodes. Just like Fawlty Towers. 

Absolutely, Holding The Baby and Babes In The Wood followed the same 'better to burn out than to fade away' credo.

Anyone finished watching The OA on Netflix yet?

I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. The more I thought about it afterwards the more I think I enjoyed it. Maybe I'm enjoying the thought of where it can go in season 2 (if it gets one) more than what happened in the first.

• Paid Members

It was basically okay. I thought that the woman from The Office (U.S.) was the best thing about it, I'd rather have watched a show about her character, which I think might say a lot about how much I cared about the overarching storyline. Did love the start of OA's story, the Russia stuff — felt like the atmospheric start to a video game. Then, it petered out a bit.

• Paid Members

Definitely watch Big Top starring Amanda Holden. You know it's a quality British sitcom, because they ended the series before it had too many episodes. Just like Fawlty Towers.

Absolutely, Holding The Baby and Babes In The Wood followed the same 'better to burn out than to fade away' credo.

But no mention of A Prince Among Men which had the traditional classic 2 series and done of Fawlty, The Office and Extras

Don't forget The House That Jack Built starring Adam Faith and her off Eastenders that pretended to suck off that hot dog that time. A series so good that the BBC didn't broadcast the last episode because they were worried it was too funny for the general public to process and people might actually die laughing if they saw it.

Anyone watched The OA yet? Absolutely mental series that was. It's on Netflix for anyone who wants to check it out.

I watched the first one last night. It's quite audacious to roll the opening credits an hour in! Gives it the feel that they intend the entire thing to be watched in one go. The show itself was quite odd. I expected something blockbustery but actually it was calm and subtle which gave it an eerie feel. And just when I was getting to grips with it,

"when I was a girl in Russia..."

Looking forward to the rest of it.

Netflix is absolutely killing it right now with their TV stuff.

The OA is the best thing Ive seen in ages. Loved it, preying for a season 2.

Read that the girl who played OA actually co wrote the story back in 2012.

Watching POWER now which is also very good.

Edited by Turnbucklepads

I think the last episode of The OA was a bit dodgy. They were trying to hard to make it end on a cliff hanger. The whole show thought it was a lot more clever than it actually was. But I enjoyed it... I think. 

I'm pretty sure the FBI are in on it all with Dr. Hap. There are too many clues that point towards it.

Edited by wordsfromlee

I think the last episode of The OA was a bit dodgy. They were trying to hard to make it end on a cliff hanger. The whole show thought it was a lot more clever than it actually was. But I enjoyed it... I think. 

I'm pretty sure the FBI are in on it all with Dr. Hap. There are too many clues that point towards it.

Really? Such as?

Really? Such as?

Hap doesn't currently have a job but can yet afford a lair and equipment that rivals Bruce Wayne.

They could have cut out the whole bit with the guitar player in Cuba as she added nothing to the story once she had been captured. They could have just had Rachel get the 4th movement instead and they'd still end up in the same place, trying to get the 5th movement. Unless she wasn't supposed to get a movement on purpose.

Hap was trying to get the 5th movement as much as the other guys so why not test Rachel over and over until she gets it? Instead he doesn't test her at all, ever, yet keeps her locked up even though he doesn't plan on doing anything with her

Some people think she might be an undercover FBI agent to keep an eye on the others. It would explain why she never gets experimented on. Plus in one scene at the FBI offices, theres a piece of paper on the wall with RACHEL written in braille.

Why was the FBI agent in The OA's house when French was in there, after he finds the books? If the FBI are in on it, he could have been planting them so try and discredit her story of captivity by making it seem like she made the story up, taking inspiration from those books because because "she's mental". Even though she can't read and we know Homer is a real person as she googles him when she first gets home and watches the video of him having his accident playing football.

• Paid Members

Has anyone seen the advert for the new series of Tattoo Fixers? I just saw it and someone is getting a tattoo of hobo-style Ian Beale covered up. Is Astro going to be on TV?!

Edit: Actually, he'd never get that covered up.

Edited by Monkee