What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The first two original series were fucking tremendous.  However the series changed rapidly when it returned on the BBC in 2002.  There was absolutely no reason to cast Noel Clarke as Wayne's son. He just didn't fit in with the other cast members. But yeah all 26 episodes from Series 1 & 2 are fantastic.

11.22.63 I've started watching, based on the awesome Stephen King book. Two episodes in, and it's pretty decent. Even James Franco is almost bearable.

I finished watching it a week or so ago. It's a very good series, but nowhere near as great as the book. A little rushed towards the end, bits from the book are missing and the yellow card man is pretty much a completely different character to what he is in the book, but I found it really enjoyable on the whole.

Never heard of this show - what's the premise in a quick non-spoilery way? I like James Franco.

A guy finds a time portal back to 1958 (the book) or 1960 (the film) and comes up with a theory that if he stops JFK being assassinated, then modern life improves with no Vietnam, Al-Qaeda, 9/11, and everything else that happens. so he gets a younger chap (James Franco) to go back in time and stop the assassination.

As King's more recent books go, it's the best thing he's written in quite a number of years.

• Paid Members

The first two original series were fucking tremendous. However the series changed rapidly when it returned on the BBC in 2002. There was absolutely no reason to cast Noel Clarke as Wayne's son. He just didn't fit in with the other cast members. But yeah all 26 episodes from Series 1 & 2 are fantastic.

I got through 3 series so far. For me it goes a bit meh near the end of the second series. The first series is absolutely brilliant though. Outstanding stuff. Pat Roach is particularly enjoyable.

• Paid Members

Chilli, any chance you can send me a link to the civil rights documentary you were on about earlier in the page? I'm probably being a massive wally, but I couldn't find it.

Would really recommend reading Taylor Branch's 3 part history of the civil rights movement if you get the chance. Fascinating period of time and it still boggles my mind how recently it was.

• Paid Members

Chilli, any chance you can send me a link to the civil rights documentary you were on about earlier in the page? I'm probably being a massive wally, but I couldn't find it.

Would really recommend reading Taylor Branch's 3 part history of the civil rights movement if you get the chance. Fascinating period of time and it still boggles my mind how recently it was.

Eye's on the Prize: America's Civil Rights Movement (1-14): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsPmJnlcm_TjOHe8ztkVWqxYMyb2SmvRe

• Paid Members

Line of Duty on BBC2 has been pretty bloody good. Some of it has been incredibly near the knuckle:

Was this bloke a paedo? They've mocked up the character next to Jimmy Saville!

The whole series is on iPlayer, with a feature length finale this coming Thursday. The first few episodes are a bit slower as there's a very definite build as the viewer sees and understands more.

On seeing them talk about S3,Ep1 on Gogglebox, we recorded all season 3 and watched series 1 & 2 on Netflix within a week and a half. Absolutely brilliant and griping series. While I have loved Season 3 if

cotton doesn't get his comeuppance I don't think I will bother with season 4

I know it's feature length tomorrow but I think they have a lot to fit in to that 90 minutes

Plot wise he didn't do himself any favours by leaving those nude photos of 'Star' on his phone after he found out her real age. It amazes me how the writers at EastEnders think the viewers will buy into this girl being 14. It's like fucking Waterloo Road stuff.