UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Just been researching Monday night wars and some of the combined ratings are mad.

I was wondering would channel hoppers have falsley inflated the figures.

They'd break it down into quarter hours so I don't think they'd be wrongly counted twice.

Chewing gum in the ring.(a) Why do wrestlers do it? Unless you're going to swat it away Mr. P style, just brush your teeth before going through Gorilla is the better move surely?(b) How on earth do you wrestle while chewing gum? Whenever I get out of breath while chewing I end up chomping like a loon. Is that a class in NXT? Wrigley drills?

Have heard wrestlers say it stops them getting coton mouthed while wrestling.

Do wrestling DVDs still hold their value? I am moving house soon and unfortunately I don't think my vast collection of wrestling DVDs will be making the trip and I'm looking at selling them. I have the majority of WWF OOP DVDs and know they were selling for a bit a while ago but appreciate with the launch of the network that these could no longer be as valuable. I have WWF/WWE DVDs/blu Rays from as early as 1999 to as recent as 2015. I also have a lot of ROH DVDs ranging from 2002 to 2008.

Is looking at average prices on eBay the best thing to do here to get an idea of prices?

eBay would be your best option as places like CEX will give you fuck all nowadays.

I bought a bunch of WWE BluRays from their website recently as they were so cheap. They give a 'We Sell For...' and a 'We Buy For...' on there too. Take Wrestlemania 30 on bluray for example-

They Sell for £3.00

They Buy from you for 70p

Just been researching Monday night wars and some of the combined ratings are mad.

They'd break it down into quarter hours so I don't think they'd be wrongly counted twice.

I think Nielsen households have to keep diaries of what they watch, so channel hopping wouldn't count.

Cheers guys, that's a lot of people to loose. Kinda related but after the Monday night wars what were we figured like.

I think it was common knowledge at the time that Hogan was trying to transition into movies and looking to leave wrestling behind somewhat. I'm not sure how much talk of Vince wanting the wrestling "Babe Ruth" was going on at the time either but Hogan was definitely looking to go on. However things didn't work out that well in Hollywood for the Hulkster so of course he was back by Wrestlemania season next year for his final run with the company in the 90s

Do wrestling DVDs still hold their value? I am moving house soon and unfortunately I don't think my vast collection of wrestling DVDs will be making the trip and I'm looking at selling them. I have the majority of WWF OOP DVDs and know they were selling for a bit a while ago but appreciate with the launch of the network that these could no longer be as valuable. I have WWF/WWE DVDs/blu Rays from as early as 1999 to as recent as 2015. I also have a lot of ROH DVDs ranging from 2002 to 2008.

Is looking at average prices on eBay the best thing to do here to get an idea of prices?

I got rid of most of my vast DVD collection a year and a half ago, to make some quick cash. I Music Magpie'd most of it. Their app lets you scan the barcodes and tells you how much they offer, but you don't have to sell them.

I got some good money for some of my American imports (I guess as they're 'rare' on these shores). I think some got well over £10. WWF PPVs might fetch a bit, but you're better off selling those individually on eBay, along with compilation boxsets. WWE PPVs are pretty much worthless I think.