UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Was that Owen Hart vs Skinner match at Wrestlemania 8 always scheduled? Was it a last minute thing? Thanks!

Always scheduled, just cut for time. Bezerker/Bulldog flat out missed the card. Better to do Owen/Skinner quick because Skinner was expendable and they had better plans for Bully and Bezerker.

Watching Night of Champions 2015, and the goth fan who seems to be ringside a lot at the moment is there. Who is he? He's a dude with shoulder-length dark hair, tall, thin, and of the more recent PPVs, seems to have Ascension signs.

If I had any kind of technical know-how, I'd post a picture!

From what I have noticed he is from the Chicago area. He appeared in the front 2 or 3 rows at every televised WWE show from Chicago years ago. Over the past year however he has started showing up facing the hard camera at all of the ppvs and a few TV tapings, regardless of where that show is.

All that and the fact that he is usually accompanied by a woman with long grey hair is all we have so far.

The era of regular fans is coming back thanks to guys like Lesnar guy.

In what relation? Do you mean "fans that regularly attend shows" ? I think he and a bunch of others (Frank the Clown, WWE superman for example) get free tickets, and some even claim to be paid by WWE to a certain extent.

• Awards Moderator

Chewing gum in the ring.

(a) Why do wrestlers do it? Unless you're going to swat it away Mr. P style, just brush your teeth before going through Gorilla is the better move surely?

(b) How on earth do you wrestle while chewing gum? Whenever I get out of breath while chewing I end up chomping like a loon. Is that a class in NXT? Wrigley drills?

Let's not forget Milfy Jenny Bond who seems to be at every Raw and PPV.

Revealing how much attention I pay to these people even further:

I can confirm she has only smiled once at the dozens of WWE ppvs she has sat in the front row for - when Jeff Hardy won the World Title at Armageddon 2008.

Chewing gum in the ring.

(a) Why do wrestlers do it? Unless you're going to swat it away Mr. P style, just brush your teeth before going through Gorilla is the better move surely?

(b) How on earth do you wrestle while chewing gum? Whenever I get out of breath while chewing I end up chomping like a loon. Is that a class in NXT? Wrigley drills?

Didn't Shawn used to spit his out when he took the first big punch to the face? Always made the selling of the blow look more impressive.

Lots of sportsmen in America chew gum, especially in baseball. A lot of studies have shown that chewing gum helps with brain performance during sport, and also is a way of combating nervous energy (some people jog their legs, others fiddle with things, chewing is just another way of expending that energy to help focus on what you're doing).