UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I love ‘Doctor of Thuganomics’ John Cena. His boss entrance music, no fucks-attitude, rap promos (homophobia aside) all entertain me greatly. However, I’ve only seen his match against Taker from Vengeance 2003 and his bit in the Rumble of 2004 (the pop when he comes out is mental) from this time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for memorable matches of this era Cena I should watch?

I’m looking for stuff from before Wrestlemania 21 if possible, cheers!

The entrance music was so damn good, I'm still not 100% over the change. I liked this run of his so much I got myself a padlock chain (I was 12, like). I enjoyed his run with the US title in 2004. Opening Mania 20 against Show was a good little match and a great showcase for him at that time, I also enjoyed Carlito's WWE debut where he comes in and steals the title on his first night, decent match too. Both well worth a rewatch

Edited by sj5522

• Awards Moderator

If you can find a SmackDown match against Rikish from just before WrestleMania XIX, I think that's the first time he does the AA. Back when it was called the FU which was (I think) a callout to Brock Lesnar and the F5. Lesnar and Cena had their first PPV match at Backlash 03, never seen it so can't attest to quality but there's some historical interest there. He had some decent US Title matches with Booker T in 2004 sometime, I think? I may have imagined those though. And yeah, the first Carlito match is interesting to see as well.

EDIT: Making this post has resulted in me putting Backlash 2003 on to watch Cena vs. Lesnar, which it turns out was a title match. It's made me remember how much i loved 2003 Smackdown. Cena beat Eddie Guerrero and The Undertaker on his way to this match! Cena vs Undertaker happened twice, then? Watching Cena and Brock doing a staredown in the video package is fascinating, it's a bloody shame they pretended this Backlash match never happened because a merging of that image into modern day Cena and Brock would have been ace.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Haha, oh yeah, with that Jesus fella (not that one, a different one) and I remember Cena then had the most one sided street fight of all time with him

• Paid Members

Jesus looked like Keith Duffy, could never see past that.

According to his wiki page (I know, I know) he went into that match with some back problems that needed surgery and a pulled groin muscle.

It also claims he was one of the edge and christian conquistadors with Chris Daniels.

Edited by Tommy!

Bit of a random one and I'm not even that eager to see the matches (unless they're really worth watching), but I'm just curious to know was Hacksaw Jim Duggan ever any good?

I haven't seen any of his Mid-South stuff but I'm assuming that's where the good matches would be if they exist? Fair play to the guy, I don't hate him (other than for beating Austin in like 10 seconds in WCW) but he has never appealed to me and is bordering on the annoying most of the time.

Just wanted to know, as I've been trawling through every PPV/large event (WWF/WCW) event since 1987 (up to 1996 now) on the network and have seen more of Hacksaw than I had ever wished or planned to.

Edited by sammorgz

Yes. His stuff with DiBiase is great in Mid South, and he has a super brawl with Vader at Starrcade'94

The brawl with Vader was good stuff, I'll give you that. I really need to get on Mid South when I have the chance. I've seen very little but it's always been good and from what I've heard it's right up my street.