UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
What'sa good place to read RAW reports these days?

I'm not going to get an opportunity to watch the show but everyone is goign nuts for the ending of RAW; I need to find out what happened!

I use the PW.net android app to read reports of anything I've missed. I think they're alright.

You know on the old intro for all the WWE shows? Like the one before the current one? What event is JR describing when he shouts "My God what a night!" I've always wondered.

This reminded me of one I've tried unsuccessfully to track down.

J.R., in full hype mode, yelling "STONE COLD! ... IS THE TOUGHEST SON OF A BITCH!! ... I EVER SAW!!!"

It must have been 1998/1999 because it's on the "Austin 3:16 Uncensored" video/dvd, but I can't find the actual footage of when he said that.

Anyone remember that?

Speaking of the nWo, who takes the credit for the actual naming of the group? Id assume it was either Nash, Hall or Bischoff, but I've never heard anyone take the credit for it.

Bischoff's initial idea, basically a rip off of the New Japan vs. UWFi feud, but will have been a bunch of others contributing also, i.e. WCW Bookers at the time Terry Taylor and Kevin Sullivan (maybe Paul Orndorff too?)

From my limited knowledge of WCW at the time, the NWO split into two factions over Summer/Autumn 98 - NWO Hollywood led by Hogan and NWO Wolfpace led by Nash. The two groups feuded for a while and it all came to a head in January 1999 when the two head honchos faced off. Of course it was a set up all along as Nash laid down for Hogan after Big Terry had poked him in the chest with one finger. The two groups were reunited and there were collective groans heard around the world.

EDIT: Hogan may or may not have disappeared for a while towards the end of 98 as his contract was up and he was running for Presidency. This might have been one of his first matches back. Ian is probably your best bet for answering this actually, so I don't even know why I've written this.

Edited by Max Power

What is Rhino up to these days? I was watching Invasion yesterday and it got me thinking that I haven't heard anything about him for a ages

He worked for ICW in Scotland last year at their main show Fear & Loathing. He was in a 3 way dance with Jimmy Havok and James Scott and looked in great shape.

• Paid Members

Nash was supposed to face Goldberg that night. Sadly, Goldberg got nicked by the cops because he'd allegedly speared Miss Elizabeth without her consent.

Later in the show Hogan returned for the first time since retiring a few weeks earlier. Nash told Hogan he could have Goldberg's title shot instead. Which led to the main event and the merging of the once warring Wolfpac and Hollywood factions.

Goldberg did not rape Miss Elizabeth.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

FWIW (ie not much) Hogan's book claims Bischoff was pitching the concept to him when discussing the potential turn and went off on a conspiracy theory/illuminati rant during which he repeated (the myth) that the latin wording on the dollar bill translates to "New World Order" and then they realised that would be a good name.

So why did the nWo reform after they split, why did Nash drop the belt he chased etc. Was an explanation ever given?

Not any plausible one, no. It was all a "ha ha, we fooled you!" without any real thought to that actually making sense. It was well established in storylines that Nash formed the Wolfpac because he was sick of Hogan, which was long before Hogan dropped the belt to Goldberg. In fact I remember Nash trying to cost Hogan the belt on at least one occasion. So for Nash to go from that to laying down for Hogan really made no sense at all, and they weren't quick to offer up any sort of logical reason for it either.