UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

On 3 May 2017 at 1:03 PM, Slapnuts said:

Are there any in store signings for this UK your?

Check the conventions pinned thread in the events section.  LSM is always on the ball with things like this.

11 minutes ago, SBD said:

What Chris Adams match/matches would people recommend 

Thanks 

I think you can safely disregard any televised British matches. Presumably that'd leave NWA or World Class, neither of which I'm even remotely qualified to comment on.

Aside from the Boxing Day show, how frequently are WWE in Madison Square Garden these days? Is there a regular date each year where they play it? I'm toying with the idea of a weekend in New York, and seeing if I can tie it in with a trip to the Garden...

Usually 3 times a year.  December's a definite, usually they do March.  And then one other time in between.

July 7th and December 26th are the next dates, I believe.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members

Did I imagine these two things?

1. nWo come in during 2002. A vignette thing is aired where "nWo" is spray-painted over an old picture of Vince McMahon's dad. Freddy Krueger style

2. Royal Rumble 1992 countdown shows. You know when they run down who is in the Rumble, did they ever just use a King Cobras head for Jake Roberts? I've got a weird recollection of this.

Thank you.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Did I imagine these two things?

1. nWo come in during 2002. A vignette thing is aired where "nWo" is spray-painted over an old picture of Vince McMahon's dad. Freddy Krueger style

That rings a bell - the angle was Vince bringing in the nWo to destroy the WWF, so it makes sense. Anyone prepared to watch through old episodes of RAW from February 2002 on the Network to figure this one out?

I was scrolling through YouTube last night and came across a half hour sit down interview from Progress Wrestling where it involved Jinny and Laura Di Matteo where it explained their feud, Jinny was a good talker and made her gimmick really believable and looked a great heel. 

Is she good in the ring? 

Rather than making a new topic as I'm guessing it's been discussed already but when was WCW really finished as a promotion?. When they fired Bischoff and brought in Russo & Ferrera and tried to be WWF 2.0.? when the Fusinet deal fell thru and Kellner cancelled Nitro and Thunder is the obvious answer but in hindsight unless they brought in some top free agents WCWs roster circa 2001 wasn't going to overtake WWE in the ratings and would have continued to be a money pit. It's likely Hulk would have came back and I see a similar situation to when he and Eric turned up in TNA where it was Hulk and his buddies.

Also could it be said that WCW was done once they heavy weighted it down with guaranteed contacts, bloated roster (at one time they had 80+ wrestlers under contact), gave creative control to Hogan et al and didn't elevate Eddie, Y2J et al. 

Could anyone have came in to reverse the damage and get WCW out of the red and become profitable or had the ship sailed by then. Say WCW was better financially managed and smarter booked could they have kept their momentum going and pulled way ahead of the WWE. Or was it just another case of lightning striking twice with wrestling being more popular again the mainstream like it was during the Rock and Wrestling era and WCW being more family friendly compared to the Attitude Era WWF and ECW.

Edited by Really Big Shoe

Has it been said why The Rock didn't appear at WrestleMania this year? He was in Orlando the same week doing other stuff, seems like it would've been feasible to have him do something on the event -- but there's obviously some kind of political or scheduling reason it wasn't.