Official Darts Thread

Dai

Happy for Norris. Always comes across well. 

I read that Norris intended to go Q-School last year, and even had his hotel booked. He did not go in the end, due to being concerned about losing his prize money from the BDO Worlds (which he wouldn't have, as Bunting switched and did not lose a penny. despite some idle threats from the BDO) 

I expect Kong, Dekker and Wilson to win cards in the next few days. All did quite well on day 1, but came up a little short. 

Interesting to see Manley is back. When we were at the Matchplay last year he was doing a promo appearence at the nearest BetFred shop where you got to queue for a chance to throw against him; 9 darts for the punters and 6 darts for Manley. If you bettered his score you got a free £50 bet token.

He was, as you'd expect, nailing 200+ every time without fail and nobody got near it in the time we watched.

Do Mardle and Harrington still try abd qualify every year?

Interesting to see Manley is back. When we were at the Matchplay last year he was doing a promo appearence at the nearest BetFred shop where you got to queue for a chance to throw against him; 9 darts for the punters and 6 darts for Manley. If you bettered his score you got a free £50 bet token.

He was, as you'd expect, nailing 200+ every time without fail and nobody got near it in the time we watched.

Do Mardle and Harrington still try and qualify every year?

Bunting was clever with his move. He told the BDO he was staying til the £100,000 cleared in his bank, then fucked off that very day.

That makes sense. I recall Bunting announced he was staying with the BDO right after Lakeside.

There was a rumour that he always intended to switch that year, and even met with a lawyer months before the BDO Worlds.

Do Mardle and Harrington still try abd qualify every year?

Nah

Harrington has not tried for years, and Wayne gave up trying a few years back. 

I read that Norris intended to go Q-School last year, and even had his hotel booked. He did not go in the end, due to being concerned about losing his prize money from the BDO Worlds (which he wouldn't have, as Bunting switched and did not lose a penny. despite some idle threats from the BDO) 

I expect Kong, Dekker and Wilson to win cards in the next few days. All did quite well on day 1, but came up a little short. 

Pretty sure you're getting Norris confused with Kong there.

Happy to see Devon Petersen get his Tour Card yesterday, and also John Boy Walton has done fairly well also.  I know he's entered the GSOD qualifiers in the past, but always imagined him as a BDO stalwart.  When we went to the World Qualifiers and Masters in Hull a few years ago (a shit day in the end), Walton was not playing but there in some sort of official capacity for the organization.

• Paid Members

I hope the BDO aren't as po faced as they have been in the past with some of the BDO registered Q-school entrants who don't receive a card.

A lot of reports about players returning to the BDO being given the cold shoulder for daring go to the 'dark side'.

Remember this terrible write-up when Anastasia smashed Lakeside favourite, 'The Golden Girl' a few years back?

Remember this terrible write-up when Anastasia smashed Lakeside favourite, 'The Golden Girl' a few years back?

Probably the highlight of our debacle to Hull was returning to the Premier Inn where we were staying and going for a meal in the restaurant there and seeing Trina and her partner.  'The Golden Girl' was hammered and could barely stand, to the point her partner had to pretty much carry out of the restaurant and back to their room.  I did enjoy seeing Lisa Ashton absolutely smash Trina at this years worlds, with Trina hitting a mighty 56 average!

Edited by Magnum Milano

Pretty sure you're getting Norris confused with Kong there.

Nope

Both intended to switch last year. Norris was just a little more quiet about it..

Kong was a lot more open on twitter. As he was this year about switching. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Moderators

Ross Montgomery vs Yosser Hughes just then was embarrassingly bad. Avgs of 82 and 75 or so, highest outshot of 70, loose shitty darts everywhere. If the BDO carries on like this it won't be the undisputed championship of real darts and real men  much longer. And as I type this BO Baracus and Martyn Phillips are having a mare and the crowd are booing that sweaty shite Hankey who'[s already jawing with the crowd in the second leg. 

Why do you have to make me hate myself for loving you BDO? I've tried the PDC, I know it should be the one for me, but I just can't leave you and your ways BDO.