Official Darts Thread

Dai

Had a photography job with Gary Anderson before the Premier League in the Hydro last night. Legitimately one of the nicest people I have ever met. A nice wee 170 check-out to level it too

:thumbsup:

Always been a Gary Anderson fan. I like Chizzy also, but I am glad Anderson won in Scotland, he has had some bad performances there over the years.

Barney was superb last night also, kept his nerve to hit that last double to get 2 points. If he would have missed I am certain MVG would have cleaned up for a draw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been the last two years to Matchplay but missus has put foot down this year after a new addition to the family. Disappointed as it's a fantastic atmosphere with a really decent crowd that puts a Premier League event to shame. Bunting has been playing really well on the tour by all accounts; apparently had a 108 average in a match against MVG a couple of weeks ago and still lost :blush:

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

The BDO trundles to it's conclusion tomorrow. I'm pulling for Scott Mitchell as I support Anyone But Adams.

Now to watch the darts highlight of 2014, Martin "Rolfie" Adams' walk on at last years Welsh Open vs Gary Robson. I pissed myself watching it. Skip to 1:30

Edited by PowerButchi

Love the profile picture Butch. The guy who made that picture is a regular poster on the darts forum I post on. My Brother has been telling me about that Adam's incident for weeks. I thought he had made it up.

I am not convinced that Adams will beat Durrant tonight,. Durrant has been playing pretty good. Wilson and Kong are off to the PDC according to reports, and Norris might follow. The depth in the BDO continues to shrink.

Edited by jimufctna24

I find the BDO such a grind to get through after the highs of the PDC.

I did catch the final set of the woman's final though, as I enjoy seeing an ending to a sporting event. And my god, what a set! I couldn't believe it, It felt like it was an average BDO men's match. Had a load of 180s, a ton plus finish and some good darts. I saw the averages weren't great in the previous sets but it felt like they were amazing in this set just from a watching point of view. I may have just been caught up in the excitement of it however.

And yes, we all want Adams to lose. I even have £50 on Durrant to either be doubly win, or doubly lose.

• Paid Members

I respect Adams in so much that he throws terrific darts for a 58 year old.  

But like most people outside of 'The home of Darts' clique, I hope he gets smashed tomorrow night. I think he honestly thinks of himself at a level akin to Bristow after winning the BDO title on 3, possibly 4 occasions after tomorrow. 

His comments about the PDC just piss me off, saying its not proper darts. The only situation where the PDC isn't proper darts is if you consider superstars like Gary Thompson facing off against Jeffrey de Graaf to be your cup of tea, enjoying 'the best of order' in front of a backdrop of elderly men in maroon blazers who bang on about how much better things were in the 80's.

On a side note, those scenes in Australia are pathetic. Mind you, i'm not surprised we've seen a full scale riot at some of the Premier League events held in some of Britain's big arenas.

Edited by garynysmon