Official Darts Thread

Dai

On a completely unrelated note and since we've talked about Darting achievements in the past, I hit a 19 dart leg in a game a few days back. Was down to 36 after 15 darts, but took a further 4 to check out.

I've had an eleven darter & had a ninety five average in a league game once. Not bragging, Just saying ;)

On a completely unrelated note and since we've talked about Darting achievements in the past, I hit a 19 dart leg in a game a few days back. Was down to 36 after 15 darts, but took a further 4 to check out.

I've had an eleven darter & had a ninety five average in a league game once. Not bragging, Just saying ;)

And I hit a 14 darter on the Lakeside stage once. Just bragging, not saying.

And I hit a 14 darter on the Lakeside stage once. Just bragging, not saying.

So that's why you stick up for the BDO! Are you the fat bloke who walks to the stage with a toy dog on a lead. Can't remember his name, But he also looked tacky & was well rubbish. Just like all the rest that are stinking up the Lakeside/BBC at the minute.

I don't think Keith stuck up for it in terms of quality and TV deals, he even pissed on the people who run it if I recall correctly.

He just acknowledged why it still exists and the perks of its existence for Darts as a whole. Correct me if I am wrong Keith, but that was the jist of what I felt you were arguing.

• Moderators

If you can't see why people support and are concerned about the BDO I don't think you know half as much about darts as you'd like to think. What about the county system? Superleague? Women's darts? Where would grassroots darts be in the UK without the BDO? The BDO is more than one tournament a year, you know.

Exactly.

I dislike the BDO with the quality of darts and its T.V presentation, but I understand why it exists for reasons Butch mentioned.

That said, this year has been the worst I have seen their "World Championship" fucking horrible standard compared to both the PDC and the BDO of say 5-10 years ago.

Exactly.

I dislike the BDO with the quality of darts and its T.V presentation, but I understand why it exists for reasons Butch mentioned.

That said, this year has been the worst I have seen their "World Championship" fucking horrible standard compared to both the PDC and the BDO of say 5-10 years ago.

I am sure you a both right with how the BDO benefits darts overall. It's just that i like watching GOOD darts matches & not RUBBISH ones, like the BDO have served up for years now.

I don't think Keith stuck up for it in terms of quality and TV deals, he even pissed on the people who run it if I recall correctly.

He just acknowledged why it still exists and the perks of its existence for Darts as a whole. Correct me if I am wrong Keith, but that was the jist of what I felt you were arguing.

You're bang on the money, Jim. Then again, we aren't the ones who think the BDO would benefit by not being on the telly.

BWL. Look at it this way. The PDC is the Football Premier League, the BDO is the Championship and league one and the county scene is league two. Super league is the Conference.

They have exciting games but the quality isn't that of the top flight. Look at the Adams Hendricks game, that was exciting but not because of good darts, because of missed darts. It was still exciting nonetheless. But I assume you won't have seen it, nor any in this years BDO.

You are the Tim Lovejoy of darts.

Edited by Keith Houchen

When the PDC offered to buy out the BDO did they plan to commit to the grass roots level or darts or was it just a way for them to poach whatever talent was left?

They had a big plan in place, from what I remember, including a youth program that was far better and supportive than the current one. Olly Croft was a stubborn twat though and didn't want anything to do with it, I think he was still in charge then, he been booted out now.

is a good watch, that's part one, the rest should be linked.

You're bang on the money, Jim. Then again, we aren't the ones who think the BDO would benefit by not being on the telly.

BWL. Look at it this way. The PDC is the Football Premier League, the BDO is the Championship and league one and the county scene is league two. Super league is the Conference.

They have exciting games but the quality isn't that of the top flight. Look at the Adams Hendricks game, that was exciting but not because of good darts, because of missed darts. It was still exciting nonetheless. But I assume you won't have seen it, nor any in this years BDO.

One flaw in your comparison, Whoever wins the Championship will not go around bragging that they have won the Premier League. I bet the BDO "World Champion" does!

• Paid Members

Did it actually happen though?

A lot of guys I know are really good dart players and there average over a night is maybe 50. These are the guy's going up into county and super sixes on a Friday. They are excellent to watch and hammer in the big scores but there average is no where near 95 as it is a three dart average including check out's. So was yours over just one game? A set? whole load of set's?

When a lot of the big names like Bristow, Jockey used to do the working mans clubs and pubs they used to kick shit out of all comers because of there average being a lot higher and probably because it was Jockey and Bristow. I met the latter at the ally pally in 2011 he is tall.

My darting claim to fame is I finished runner in the under 16's competition in Blarney Ireland. I have a trophy I suspect my three dart average that day was close to 10 but way above 8.

Edited by Shit Poster

One flaw in your comparison, Whoever wins the Championship will not go around bragging that they have won the Premier League. I bet the BDO "World Champion" does!

If it is called the a world Championship, then it is a world championship. See also, Boxing. There are lesser titles but, you know. I was using an analogy to try and explain the simplest thing to you in very simplistic terms.

As for the women. The honest answer is down to living in a patriarchal society. Darts is unfortunately one of the last bastions of what I call 70's culture. Darts is a white mans game that is played in pubs, pubs are where men go while the wife stays at home to look after the kids.

The darts scene at grass roots level is for me more sexist, racist, homophobic and bigoted than football. I won't name names but I know county selectors who say they would never select a Muslim if one was good enough. Women are treated as "The fairer sex" in the darts world and, as a result, the opportunities aren't there like they are for men. Again, this is something the old mindset of the BDO have refused to even acknowledge, let alone rectify.

Look at the averages for county women's "B" teams. If you turn up regular to super league, or are friends with the selectors, you get picked. I've seen quite a few women pick up women of the match awards for a 16 average.

Edited by Keith Houchen

Did it actually happen though?

A lot of guys I know are really good dart players and there average over a night is maybe 50. These are the guy's going up into county and super sixes on a Friday. They are excellent to watch and hammer in the big scores but there average is no where near 95 as it is a three dart average including check out's. So was yours over just one game? A set? whole load of set's?

Yes it did happen in a league game, But it was only over a game of 1001 (Team game) & 501 (Singles)

As for the women. The honest answer is down to living in a patriarchal society. Darts is unfortunately one of the last bastions of what I call 70's culture. Darts is a white mans game that is played in pubs, pubs are where men go while the wife stays at home to look after the kids.

The darts scene at grass roots level is for me more sexist, racist, homophobic and bigoted than football. I won't name names but I know county selectors who say they would never select a Muslim if one was good enough. Women are treated as "The fairer sex" in the darts world and, as a result, the opportunities aren't there like they are for men. Again, this is something the old mindset of the BDO have refused to even acknowledge, let alone rectify.

Look at the averages for county women's "B" teams. If you turn up regular to super league, or are friends with the selectors, you get picked. I've seen quite a few women pick up women of the match awards for a 16 average.

What i mean is are there any physical or psychological reasons? Why would the most naturally talented woman in the world with every opportunity to practice under perfect conditions not be able to compete with the most talented man? There is no issue of strength, So what is the reason?