britishwrestlinglegends Posted January 3, 2013 Posted January 3, 2013 I always want to like the BDO but it's just so mundane to watch, and I just can't cope with cunts like Martin Adams proclaiming to be the World Champion. Could not have put it better myself Quote
Brock Goldberg Posted January 3, 2013 Posted January 3, 2013 Heard good things about James Wilson over at the BDO. Been told he's had a very good last 12 months and playing really well. He's got joint fav Bunting in the first round but still worth a look. 9/4 for a first round win at the moment. 20/1 for the title. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted January 3, 2013 Posted January 3, 2013 Nice one Brock Goldberg will look out for him. Anyone think we could have some more switching to the PDC this year? Quote
Brock Goldberg Posted January 3, 2013 Posted January 3, 2013 Nice one Brock Goldberg will look out for him. Anyone think we could have some more switching to the PDC this year? I've been wanting to see a Scott Waites switch for about three years now. Thought it might have happened in 2012 with Dean Winstanley but it wasn't to be. He must really enjoy the day job. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted January 3, 2013 Posted January 3, 2013 I heard Waites will, when he wins the title. I think Bunting should give it a go, as should Kist and Harms. I do not really know anyone else in the field other than the old guard (Adams, OShea, Kong) Quote
Brock Goldberg Posted January 4, 2013 Posted January 4, 2013 Yeah I think you've covered the guys that are known and could well make the jump. The other player's that we know of all seem very loyal to the BDO. Saying that Hankey made the switch last January after many years with them. Quote
The Cum Doctor Posted January 4, 2013 Posted January 4, 2013 Doesn't Scott Waites have other reasons outside of darts for staying where he is? Quote
Dai Posted January 4, 2013 Author Posted January 4, 2013 That tip reminds me of when someone on another forum tipped up Klassen to win it at 150/1. Gutted that I didnt put anything on that. Theres some small money at 33/1 and 31/1 available on Wilson on Betfair. Just chucked Quote
Euanconway Posted January 4, 2013 Posted January 4, 2013 Would love to see O Shea join the PDC although I have a feeling time may be running out for him as far as being the top of his career goes. Waites is by far the best player in the BDO, supposedly there is some reason why he wont join the PDC but Im sure they would welcome him, after all he has won the Grand Slam before. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted January 4, 2013 Posted January 4, 2013 If O'Shea was going to switch he would've done it by now. Last year was the perfect chance for him, for as runner up in the World's he could've took a PDC tour card if he wanted it. The crux of it is, I think he realises that he's just too old to put the effort, travelling, practise, tournaments in that it would take to move up the PDC Order of Merit and compete consistently at that level. He also makes a fairly comfortable living between the BDO and exhibitions. On the Darts forums that I'm a member of I've heard the same about James Wilson, and more than one have said that the winner of the Wilson/Bunting match will win the whole thing. On a completely unrelated note and since we've talked about Darting achievements in the past, I hit a 19 dart leg in a game a few days back. Was down to 36 after 15 darts, but took a further 4 to check out. Quote
Dai Posted January 6, 2013 Author Posted January 6, 2013 Wolfie is out. Didnt watch it, but someone I know did, and said they were making excuses for him about being ill/possibly depressed. Something about weight loss, too. Whats the dirt? Quote
jimufctna24 Posted January 6, 2013 Posted January 6, 2013 (edited) Him and his wife broke up this year. The standard has been worse than ever so far, which is a shame. Edited January 6, 2013 by jimufctna24 Quote
Baz Windham Posted January 6, 2013 Posted January 6, 2013 Ah, wondered what they were referencing with stuff like "After all that's happened" Surprised they split up. That match was a shocker though, most legs were 20 odd darts and Adams missed about 50 darts at a double. Bunting looked good in a good match though and the Richie George match was entertaining with the Bobby link and a close game. Not seen much else apart from the lad that had a heart attack that comes out to HHH's theme. Quote
The Natural Posted January 6, 2013 Posted January 6, 2013 (edited) Ah, wondered what they were referencing with stuff like "After all that's happened" Surprised they split up. That match was a shocker though, most legs were 20 odd darts and Adams missed about 50 darts at a double. I was watching with my Dad, we were surprised that they split up and how far Adams was missing the doubles by. Edited January 6, 2013 by The Natural Quote
Magnum Milano Posted January 6, 2013 Posted January 6, 2013 Wolfie is out. Didnt watch it, but someone I know did, and said they were making excuses for him about being ill/possibly depressed. Something about weight loss, too. Whats the dirt? Don't know specifics, but there were rumours on the Darts boards that both Martin and Sharon were having an affair. The weight loss is nothing more than him getting in shape, quitting smoking etc. Not a great standard so far, but the O'Shea/Walton looked good from the highlights shown and Bunting/Wilson was a decent match. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.