Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

Ten days to go until the PDC Worlds get underway. Here's hoping Peter Wright takes a smashing early on. I can't be doing with him. Hopefully a real darts player like the handsome Steve Beaton goes all the way, rather than the frankly odd looking MVG. 

Posted

I expect Wright to go quite far. He's got a piss-easy draw, especially the first few rounds. His quarter is full of players who either never play well on TV, or are out of form. I can't see past MVG winning the whole thing.  Mind you, I said the same last year, and Barney turfed him out in a classic. Gando and Barney are the two I'm rooting for. 

 

Duzza is rumoured to be switching to the PDC in January by the way. Mardle mentioned it during the GSOD. 

  • Moderators
Posted

Yeah, I can't see past Duzza leaving after Lakeside either. Not sure how competitive he would be in the PDC though now. The BDO's been pretty much picked clean, and now the PDC have a Youth > Development > Challenge Tour > Pro Tour system which may pretty much negate their need for the BDO in the future. 

 

Interesting times.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

TOMORROW IS THE DAY.

 

PDC Worlds begin. Then, as soon as they are finishing the OFFICIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS ON REGULATION BOARDS WITH THE PLAYERS RECIEVING THE VERY BEST OF ORDER.

 

What a great 3 weeks this is going to be. With the BDO getting ignored now it's on Channel 4 I thought I'd post this touching video I saw elsewhere online.

 

 

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Moderators
Posted

Yeah Jim, I lurk on there. It looks hilarious but I'd probably get wrecked if I joined. It looks harder on newbs than here, despite the super duper humour.

Posted (edited)

They timed 2 180's that Rapid Ricky did, along with a 141 checkout, and worked out that he has the potential to do a 9 darter in less than 10 seconds. Pure madness. 

 

Other than Andrew Gilding winning, Saturday's sessions were really good.

Edited by jimufctna24
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted

Trina Gulliver did an exhibition evening in Lampeter Rugby Club a couple of weeks ago, alongside Andy Fordham.  Cracking night it was an' all.  Worth the travel up for the atmosphere.  Some great darts players in there too; Tony 'The Hitman' Bradley was on form, as were Bedwyr Davies & John Taylor.  John Fowler was the compere.

  • 5 months later...
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Out in 17 tonight in a double in and out league. And we lost 6-2. Won my singles and doubles. It's using all of my milk of human kindness not to rip the rest of the team to pieces. I was out in fucking 17 in my singles. Three players left tops, and bottled it massively. I split tops, then hit my 10s. One hit D1, no score, Big 7. FFS! Bedtime for him then. And then he said "Can I redeem myself in the doubles?".

 

No mate, fucking no.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...