UKFF's Favourite Promo

JNLister

• Paid Members

It's time for another poll, this time on the best promo ever. The criteria is up to you: it can be pure entertainment, compelling content, or drawing money.

Nominations run until close of play next Saturday (8th). To nominate, please post in this thread with both:

* A YouTube or similar link.

* A brief description of the promo (eg who did it, month/year if you have it, context, standout line) -- whatever it takes so that people can see what it is without clicking the link and then avoid renominating it.

I'll sort the nominations into batches for individual heat polls, which will also run for a week. As there'll be 10 at most in a heat, people should have a chance to watch them all before voting. In the unlikely event we get 100 nominations before the week is up, I'll cap it at that point, so nominate early and don't be afraid to be too obvious.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I cant comprehend to anyone who wasn't a fan around the time just how mental it was to hear Hulk Hogan tell the fans where to go. An incredible interview. The desired reaction and super memorable.

Steve Austin's venting in ECW

I saw this at a time when Austin was on fire in the WWF, years after he'd done it. DSF played it one night in 2000 on one of those programs they'd have, when Austin was out with a neck injury. I was blown away. Its the wrestling version of seeing a player banging in 60 a season and then watching on youtube that he banged one in from the halfway line at his previous club. I hadn't seen much of Austin in ECW before this, save for those clips on The Cause Stone Cold Said So video.

Dusty Rhodes SummerSlam 90

"I offered up my innocence to her and she paid me back in scorn". I know this promo word for word. One of the first shows I watched was SummerSlam 90. It was filled with top backstage pre-tapes. This one was my favourite. Always wanted the figure of Dusty based on this but could never fined one. I had a Hamburglar figure I got free with a kids club meal who was going to play Sapphire if I ever found one.

• Paid Members

I like William Regal and Triple H.

"Slip it on right over your coat there...." Triple H is absolutely brilliant here - menacing, as funny as fuck and just superb. William Regal doesn't have to say a word, his expression says it all.

"People like us, we're just born naughty!" From the same feud, Regal is stunning here despite having to lumber himself with that accent during it.

"....like a 50 pence tart...." Regal craps on Hulkamania about as brilliantly as anyone ever did.

I like William Regal and Triple H.

"Slip it on right over your coat there...." Triple H is absolutely brilliant here - menacing, as funny as fuck and just superb. William Regal doesn't have to say a word, his expression says it all.

Haven't seen that in ages, but my brother and I still say "Pedigree!" when having our photo taken. Worrying I know.

Archived