UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Plus, they didn't necessarily "book themselves into a corner". If they were planning to switch the title to Kane to create a buzz for Austin's re-match, all they did was add intriguing stipulations they didn't have to carry out. And as CTX says, Kane setting himself on fire wasn't that unlikely.

True he had done it at Unforgiven 1998 during the inferno match. He made sure everyone noticed his arm on fire then ran like fuck to the back. But at KOTR it was over the top having those petrol cans around the ring. As if he was gonna pour it all over himself.

Edited by Lemon Juice

• Paid Members

I find it really hard to believe WWE would book a championship first blood match without thinking about the logistics about it beforehand.

The image of a room of writers, and it dawning on them that Kane has to win—as it’s going to be difficult for him to do a blade job—is laughable.

They didn't book themselves into a corner, the booking was spot on.

Kane had so little skin exposed, McMahon had finally come up with a plan for costing Austin the belt that was bulletproof. Kane even had two sleeves that night, the only bit of skin was one of his hands. It was a match that Austin could not possibly win

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Sorry to seemingly clog up the questions thread (although I suppose this is what it's here for), but I'm reading through the early pages of the Minor News thread (very slow work day) and came across the following from Arch from June 2012:

The latest Bray Wyatt 'coming soon' vignette was shown on Superstars this week, so it seemed that WWE did have plans to bring him to the main roster soon enough.

Were there Wyatt vignettes before their main vignettes then?  I can't rememebr them at all.  Anybody got a link?

I've got a vague memory of that, but I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me because I can't find any sign of it. I think it was made using dialogue from that speech he did with Eli Cottonwood, and might have shown NXT/FCW stuff of him wearing the mask thing. I've just looked up reviews of all the June 2012 Superstars and there's not a mention of it, but I do remember something being shown right around the time he got injured.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

It was one of this series of vignettes:

Which were the original series of vignettes to hype his NXT "debut".

One was dropped into an episode of Superstars just before he suffered the injury - it could have been that they were planning to fast-track him to the main roster pretty much straight away, but in hindsight I think it's actually more likely Sky needed to fill a minute or two & an editor who didn't know the difference between NXT & 'proper' WWE put it in. An error, as Dart said.

Indeed it was reported due to being on preventative blood thinners to avoid heart disease and strokes. If that was true it becomes a weird situation as to how WWE got themselves into the position of having had him wrestle whilst he was on those drugs without having him do a proper medical. Almost up there with Vince supporting Mick Foley's first retirement onl;y because he was suffering memory loss - and then bringing him back over to do dangerous matches. http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/3/25/2902377/nash-reveals-entire-summerslam-story

Im watching Bulldog v HBK at One Night Only and just wanted to know what people thought of the "Bulldogs leg goes through the floor" spot.

Was it planned?

Im 80% sure it was, the fact Bulldog had a brace on that leg also leads me to believe it was planned, but fuck me, it looks wonderful!