General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

oh happy day :rolleyes:

Michael Bay to direct Transformers 4

Release date June 29th 2014

George lucas endears himself to Star Wars fans even more

In an attempt to address the lingering "Han shot first" controversy, Star Wars creator George Lucas may have only fanned the flames of fandom even more. You see, Lucas says Han Solo never actually fired first in his classic showdown with Greedo. Fans only wanted to think that. So basically it's all your own fault.

In a chat with The Hollywood Reporter (via /Film), Lucas said, "The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn't. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down."

Guillemtoro del toro to direct a version of Beauty and the Beast

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members
GHOSTBUSTERS 3 NEWS!!!!

Source: AV Club.

Newswire

Dan Aykroyd now saying he'll just recast Bill Murray's part in Ghostbusters 3

by Sean O'Neal February 13, 2012 The spring of 2012 approaches and with it the promise, after months of seeding with rumors and watering with anguished tears and vodka, that Ghostbusters 3 will finally take root, sprouting a whole new branch of the franchise that you can then jab into your eye. And as it

Trailer.

A superhero film we can all agree with, I feel. Starring the lad from Malcolm in the Middle as the hero, with DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE as the lead bad guy with half his face burnt off and with a supporting cast of Roddy Piper, Adam West and Stan Lee. Sounds like the big blockbuster of 2012.

This looks awful, truely, truely awful!

• Paid Members
Agreed Loki, I've never been a huge fan of his. Its a shame QT seems to be going down the same route these days.

How do you figure that? Especially when he's coming off Inglourious Basterds.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what Galaxy means there.