General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

58004.jpg

Trailer

There was never just one :D

looks ok. intersting with finney and allen being there

Well, we knew that as Jason Bourne kept meeting (and killing) other members of the group.

This is probably just a legacy-pissing exercise, but IF it's got the same director, it could be quite good.

Trailer

There was never just one :D

looks ok. intersting with finney and allen being there

Well, we knew that as Jason Bourne kept meeting (and killing) other members of the group.

This is probably just a legacy-pissing exercise, but IF it's got the same director, it could be quite good.

tony gilroy (who wrote all the bourne films) is directing this. so at least he knows the material. which apparantly i dont. :laugh:

dont know what the hell made me forget. haven't seen any of them in a while. just seemed to me to be a silly tagline which just seems to emphasize that they couldn't get damon back for this one.

Edited by iamtheman

It's a different director, as Paul Greengrass isn't involved - if he was there's a good chance Matt Damon would've come back to do another. But it is directed by the bloke who did the screenplay for all three, and who also directed Michael Clayton - so even without Greengrass I'd still put it in the could be quite good camp.

edit- beaten to it.

Edited by The Curious Orange

Different director, which is why Matt Damon isn't in this one because he didn't want to do it without Paul Greengrass (who didn't want to make another one) directing.

Tony Gilroy (screenwriter of all four Bourne films) is directing this one.

They've said they have left it open for Damon to return to the franchise when he wants. I think he gave his blessing to the film being made. I presume that, depending on if its a success, Renner will egt another film, and then maybe for the 6th one they will have the two of them in one. Could be interesting, the Bourne films are great so I have high hopes.

• Moderators
Billy Connolly cast in "The Hobbit"

will play Dain Ironfoot. the staunchest and toughest of the dwarves. not expected to appear till part 2

Part 2? FFS can no one make just a single standalone film of reasonable length these days or what?

This will be boring and shit like LOTR, where it should be much better (just like the Hobbit is a million times better book than LOTR).

Re: Blade Runner sequel, how do people feel about the possibility of Harrison Ford/Deckard being in it? On the one hand, I like films with ageing heroes. On the other... he's meant to have died. Cos he's a replicant. So, how would that work?

• Paid Members
Re: Blade Runner sequel, how do people feel about the possibility of Harrison Ford/Deckard being in it? On the one hand, I like films with ageing heroes. On the other... he's meant to have died. Cos he's a replicant. So, how would that work?

A slightly different model in the same range. Deckard 1.2.

A slightly different model in the same range. Deckard 1.2.

An older, shitter model? :p

• Paid Members

Trailer.

A superhero film we can all agree with, I feel. Starring the lad from Malcolm in the Middle as the hero, with DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE as the lead bad guy with half his face burnt off and with a supporting cast of Roddy Piper, Adam West and Stan Lee. Sounds like the big blockbuster of 2012.

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 NEWS!!!!

Source: AV Club.

Newswire

Dan Aykroyd now saying he'll just recast Bill Murray's part in Ghostbusters 3

by Sean O'Neal February 13, 2012 The spring of 2012 approaches and with it the promise, after months of seeding with rumors and watering with anguished tears and vodka, that Ghostbusters 3 will finally take root, sprouting a whole new branch of the franchise that you can then jab into your eye. And as it