General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Knocked Up - 2hrs 9mins

Bridesmaids- 2hrs 5mins

You could easily cut out about 25 minutes from Bridesmaids and about 129 minutes from Knocked Up

Katherine Hiegl is so punchable. Something you should never feel against a woman

• Paid Members

Knocked Up - 2hrs 9mins

Bridesmaids- 2hrs 5mins

You could easily cut out about 25 minutes from Bridesmaids and about 129 minutes from Knocked Up

Katherine Hiegl is so punchable. Something you should never feel against a woman

Is Hiegl the one loads in the industry detest because she's a prick? Or someone similar. I'm think I'm thinking of the lass fron the later series of Scrubs.

Knocked Up - 2hrs 9mins

Bridesmaids- 2hrs 5mins

Wow. What a cuntish thing to say.

Knocked Up - 2hrs 9mins

Bridesmaids- 2hrs 5mins

He's a West Ham fan, what else did you expect?

• Paid Members

Knocked Up - 2hrs 9mins

Bridesmaids- 2hrs 5mins

He's a West Ham fan, what else did you expect?
This from the racist spouting comments about Muslims getting pubs closed down?!? Stop being a cunt. I didn't say violence against women is right or should be considered, I made a comment about an actress in a film, not what I would do if I saw her in real life. I didn't realise I had to explain myself as I thought adults were on here.

Yeah Heigl has burned so many bridges over the years in Hollywood, and TV, it's amazing she still gets work.

Her character in knocked up is horrible. Treats people badly which ironically is what she has been accused of in real life.

Edited by Nick Soapdish

1.) you said she was punchable, not the character

2.) apart from when she's pregnant and rightly has a go at Seth Rogens character for being a dick, when is she horrible to people in that film? I've seen it a fair few times, and I can't remember another bit where she is "horrible".

• Paid Members

2.) apart from when she's pregnant and rightly has a go at Seth Rogens character for being a dick, when is she horrible to people in that film? I've seen it a fair few times, and I can't remember another bit where she is "horrible".

1) no idea what the characters name is

2) it's been a while since I've seen it all the way through. I'd catch bits of it on itv2 over the years. But I thought his friends and her sister as well. It's a bit like 500 days of summer. I couldn't stand Zooey in that film, but that was how the character was written. Good acting. But Heigl just aggravates me in this. She slagged the film off after release, maybe she is purposely annoying in it.

Anyway, I think we can all agree Apatow needs someone to teach him how to edit. All his films go on for too long. Funny People is one of the worst comedies I've ever seen (aware it was not a flat out comedy). But 90 minutes is sufficient I think

• Paid Members

So why is Heigl such a shit? No idea of her track record of being a bit of a tit.

She got the 'difficult to work with' tag in 2008. She won an Emmy in 2007 for her work on Greys Anotomy. She was nominated again the year after and publicly released a statement withdrawing her name due to the quality of the storylines she had been given that year, pissing off everyone that worked on the show. She lasted a couple more years before she got booted off the show.

2) it's been a while since I've seen it all the way through. I'd catch bits of it on itv2 over the years. But I thought his friends and her sister as well. It's a bit like 500 days of summer. I couldn't stand Zooey in that film, but that was how the character was written. Good acting. But Heigl just aggravates me in this. She slagged the film off after release, maybe she is purposely annoying in it.

Anyway, I think we can all agree Apatow needs someone to teach him how to edit. All his films go on for too long. Funny People is one of the worst comedies I've ever seen (aware it was not a flat out comedy). But 90 minutes is sufficient I think

That doesn't all make sense so I'll try and understand what you were trying to say.

You've basically made shit up haven't you? Yeah she slagged the film off afterwards and yeah her sister is portraying a stuck up, bored of marriage woman character but actually Katherine Heigl's character is (again apart from a few bits where she's hormonal) quite sweet, so yeah, you've just made things up.

This has annoyed me not because I love the film or her, although anything with Paul Rudd in is 1000 times better, but you've clearly just said random shit without any substance behind it to look like you've got an opinion. Which is shit.

• Paid Members

That doesn't all make sense so I'll try and understand what you were trying to say.

You've basically made shit up haven't you? Yeah she slagged the film off afterwards and yeah her sister is portraying a stuck up, bored of marriage woman character but actually Katherine Heigl's character is (again apart from a few bits where she's hormonal) quite sweet, so yeah, you've just made things up.

This has annoyed me not because I love the film or her, although anything with Paul Rudd in is 1000 times better, but you've clearly just said random shit without any substance behind it to look like you've got an opinion. Which is shit.

To be fair, as I alluded to, I haven't watched it in full in a good 7 years or so, just out of context. I could well be confusing different roles I have see her in, and i have had to sit through an awful lot of E! News in my time hearing stuff like this https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=15&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiAj8D5pujMAhUmKcAKHcMpDQQQFghPMA4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2014%2F04%2F10%2Fshowbiz%2Fkatherine-heigl-duane-reade-lawsuit%2F&usg=AFQjCNHq5Qo7kIRaGHgpOve3YwFzd0SRHg&sig2=z-g38hKJmva51BxMaKldwg&bvm=bv.122448493,d.ZGgso it could well be a combination of my memories of that film and not liking her attitude in real life.

I love 40 year old virgin, so maybe I should put my money where my mouth is and watch Knocked Up again to see if my justification of my outlandish comments are due to her character in that movie, or who she is in real life.

Either way, I shouldn't have said what I did. That was wrong.

1000% Agree with you on Paul Rudd. Though I have not watched This is 40 because of the Apatow Length effect

Edited by Nick Soapdish