The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Not so much song of the day, but songs of the week. Really loving The Jar Family lately after hearing them a couple of months ago for the first time. Quite folky, good to chill out to and reminiscent of the kind of live music you'd get in some boozers in New York. Here's a few of their songs. There aren't many more out there, to be honest, but I'd like to hope there will be at some point:

In For A Penny

• Awards Moderator

Not new a song, in fact it's one of the few things on the internet older than me, but I've fallen in love with this song all over again lately:

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Jungleland

This video was recorded live in New Jersey almost 33 years ago to the day. Gear.

Mansun - Egg Shaped Fred

Mrs Houchen and her mate went to a Mansun gig when they were aged about 14, her mate threw a pair of knickers with her phone number at the bass player. About a week later they were doing their homework when her mates dad came up to the room and said "Some bloke called Stove phoned up looking for you, I asked if he knew how old you were and when I told him, he hung up". I love that story.

• 1 month later...
Mansun - Egg Shaped Fred

Mrs Houchen and her mate went to a Mansun gig when they were aged about 14, her mate threw a pair of knickers with her phone number at the bass player. About a week later they were doing their homework when her mates dad came up to the room and said "Some bloke called Stove phoned up looking for you, I asked if he knew how old you were and when I told him, he hung up". I love that story.

Only just seen this, mint!

• Paid Members

I love me some Weezer and this for me is one of their most underrated tunes off by far their most underrated album. This song could easily have sat on the Blue Album, so basic, so catchy, i love it.