The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

I think I might've massively overlooked these guys assuming they were teen-baiting, T4 on the Beach fodder. Regardless of who to/how they're being pushed to this track is excellent. It's very reminiscent of some early 90's hiphop, tracks from people like 3rd Bass, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien...that sense of humour but still just basically rapping over beats & hooks. Sounds like they wanted to use the hook from 'Faith' but had to tweak it slightly?

Edited by Dead Mike

• Moderators

I think I might've massively overlooked these guys assuming they were teen-baiting, T4 on the Beach fodder. Regardless of who to/how they're being pushed to this track is excellent. It's very reminiscent of some early 90's hiphop, tracks from people like 3rd Bass, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien...that sense of humour but still just basically rapping over beats & hooks. Sounds like they wanted to use the hook from 'Faith' but had to tweak it slightly?

I dismissed them for the exact same reason, or rather just assumed they wouldn't be my kinda thing because they weren't aimed at me.. I've just checked out this track and wasn't really feeling it, but they're definitely a lot more talented than I figured they would be. So I clicked another track and really enjoyed this -

• Paid Members

Genuinely odd - I've never been sure if it was 100% an attempt to stay afloat in the face of an earthquake in music in 1977, or if they were genuinely energized by punk rock, but Midge Ure's canny pop group Slik tried to rebounded from his car accident, and subsequent total loss of relevance, with this awesomeness. The sleeve is gawjuss!