The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

It's been a looooooooohoooooooong time since I've listened to any thing like this but...

I'll see your General Levy, and raise you a

That is fucking great.

I was vaguely into the Jungle scene during the mid 90's. I was just a teenager so most things I head were pretty commercial like Incredible. However, I knew someone who would occasionally give me tapes of Dreamscape, Fantazia and Helter Skelter that had DJ Ratty, Carl Cox, Fabio and the like. Not strictly Jungle, more "Rave" but I loved it as a teenager.

Not sure that these went down too well last time here but i'm loving the new album, it's a pure dance classic with quite a few tracks that would suit the clubs. This is the latest track released from it (album's not out yet or even properly leaked but if you know the right people..).

Edited by Merzbow

Those guys are pretty rubbish to listen to really, but I'll always check out their music videos because they're pretty entertaining..

I honestly think you might prefer some of Waddys older work especially with The Constructus Corporation, Die Antwoord is his weaker group made for the pop scene and has worked where as his "arty" stuff just never got off the ground outside of SA.

Rick Flare

Love is... (This one is amazing, imo)

Also wonder if it's named after Ric, i've seen wrestling shirts worn in various groups of his. I just like how he has well made characters or concepts in all of his groups, Max Normal/Maxnormal.TV was all about his character being a suited inspirational speaker.

Ohhhh.. I will still check those out with an open mind, but Kool Keith gets on my tits a bit (he was pretty good live though).

You need to check out Dr Octagon - Dr Octagoneacologist, fucking great hip hop album.

I really like Half Sharkalligator Half Man, http://youtu.be/wfrShCSEg9E

That album is class and the beats are flawless, actually found it through an old Waddy interview.

If i may add another song that i've been into recently it's this "Anti-Rap" (their term not mine) Folky gem by A Band of Buriers

• Moderators

There's some killer beats on that album (eg earth people) but overall I'm not a fan. Like some Ultramagetic though..

Edit:

Rick Flare

Love is... (This one is amazing, imo)

Also wonder if it's named after Ric, i've seen wrestling shirts worn in various groups of his. I just like how he has well made characters or concepts in all of his groups, Max Normal/Maxnormal.TV was all about his character being a suited inspirational speaker.

I checked this out now; thought the first one was pretty cool. I would listen to more of that.

Edited by Chest Rockwell