Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anywhere in Camden you guys would recommend to eat at? There's a million and one restaurants or little huts at the lock but fuck knows where's decent.

The Diner is decent for American style food.

Also in the markets there's a wicked Arabic place called Yalla Yalla (I think).

I hope they answer the phone like that....

• Paid Members

Was going to suggest Marine Ices in Chalk Farm, but I just saw that their cracking old building is gone, and they have knocked the meals on the head. Go for a Marathon Kebab, if that's not totally knackered now too.

EDIT — if Daniel Jeanrenaud is still in residence at Blues Kitchen, go to there.

• Paid Members

Is there anywhere in Camden you guys would recommend to eat at? There's a million and one restaurants or little huts at the lock but fuck knows where's decent.

While we're on the subject, I have a meeting in Leicester tomorrow and will have an hours downtime between trains.  Can anyone recommend somewhere decent to grab a bite?

• Paid Members

While we're on the subject, I have a meeting in Leicester tomorrow and will have an hours downtime between trains. Can anyone recommend somewhere decent to grab a bite?

Depends upon how far you want to walk. The station is five minutes from the city centre. Plenty of places to eat there. Bodega in St Martin's Sq is nice. Couple of other places there too. If you walk up towards Victoria Park, away from town, there's an Istanbul/middle eastern restaurant that I've heard good things about. It's opposite Richer Sounds.

Right opposite the station there is an independent Pizza place. That's very good.

• Paid Members

I have a terrible credit rating. Like, horrible. But I just got approved for a high interest rate Capital One card. I want to use this to improve my credit rating. What's the best way to go about this? Do I spend a little on it every month and then pay it back in full every month?

I have a terrible credit rating. Like, horrible. But I just got approved for a high interest rate Capital One card. I want to use this to improve my credit rating. What's the best way to go about this? Do I spend a little on it every month and then pay it back in full every month?

Pretty much what you've said. Some people I know of buy their petrol on it, then pay it off.

I'm also in the same boat after getting my first credit card, (at 28), which was a nice surprise to be approved for hah.

• Paid Members

I'd suggest that at first, from my experience trying to build a credit rating from scratch when I emigrated — I had to put a $500 deposit down for a $500 limit credit card, and then when I upgraded to a new card they gave me the $500 back.

Credit rating stuff is confusing, I know that there are people here with more knowledge, but it's my understanding that the goal isn't to just pay it all off straight away, it's to hold a small balance that you make the payments on. 

Archived