Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My interpretation of it is he was just letting you know that from now on he'll be giving you 24 hours notice on the occasions he's going to come round to do inspect/do repairs - the letter was just making it official in writing and he'll be in touch again if he's actually coming round in the future.

I hope so, I worry that he think he is now entitled to turn up whenever. Because that will inevitably lead to me being caught during a Sunday afternoon wank.

• Paid Members
My interpretation of it is he was just letting you know that from now on he'll be giving you 24 hours notice on the occasions he's going to come round to do inspect/do repairs - the letter was just making it official in writing and he'll be in touch again if he's actually coming round in the future.

I hope so, I worry that he think he is now entitled to turn up whenever. Because that will inevitably lead to me being caught during a Sunday afternoon wank.

Just tell him to let you know in advance, so he doesn't catch you wanking.

• Paid Members
Are the latest Royle Family Christmas specials any good? I saw the one where Dave's parents come for Christmas dinner - it was alright, but I get the sneaky feeling that they should have just left it with The Queen of Sheba.

They're all fine, but not amazing, and they definitely should have left it with the Queen of Sheba.

Because of difficulties arranging mutual dates with his plumber (which is now sorted anyway) and the plumber grassing me up for the place being a tip on his last visit, the landlord has put a letter in the postbox on Tuesday saying he intends to implement the clause in the tenancy agreement where he's allowed to enter the premises to inspect the state of it and carry out repairs as long as he gives at least 24 hours notice. Thing is, he didn't specify a date when he's coming. Doesn't that 24 hours notice thing need a specific date? Surely it can't mean "I will be coming there between this time tomorrow and the end of time."

I didn't think a landlord could legally do that? At least I don't think they can enter the premises without your permission. Have you seeked advice on this one?

Anyone got any driving tips? Since I passed I've been driving a petrol car as opposed to the diesel I was learning in. I keep stalling, especially on hill starts and when I'm under pressure (traffic behind me). Any other time I can relax and just take my time. It's starting to get me down a bit and putting me off wanting to go out in it.

Anyone got any driving tips? Since I passed I've been driving a petrol car as opposed to the diesel I was learning in. I keep stalling, especially on hill starts and when I'm under pressure (traffic behind me). Any other time I can relax and just take my time. It's starting to get me down a bit and putting me off wanting to go out in it.

Fight through that and press on. I passed my test in Feb '09, had a few dodgy cases with the same diesel/petrol issue, and it scared me off like a right tart. I grew to instantly despise driving and have probably driven about twice in the last two and half years. I imagine I wouldn't even be safe with it anymore, and I'm shit scared about getting behind the wheel again. A wholly regrettable situation all round.

Just go out and drive, get used to the car. I changed from a diesel to a petrol last November and I stalled it loads for the first couple of weeks, just make sure to give it plenty of revs.

That's the problem I'm having though, I can't find that happy medium. I'm either not giving enough or giving too much. Either way it's causing a problem. I only passed my test a week and a half ago, so I know time is the key. I just don't want to lose my confidence in the mean time.

Sorry to hear that too NEWM. I can totally understand why. It's incredibly stressful.

Archived