Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
An employment law based question for the forum.

If you have unused Holiday pay at the end of the holiday year (tax year?) are you entitled to the pay you would have recived from them? The Internet doesn't seem to make this clear.

Do you mean unused leave? All depends what your contract says, but most firms would not pay out, and would either allow you to carry the leave over to the next year, or make you lose it completely. If you are leaving the firm and you have unused leave owing, they should pay you for those days.

• Awards Moderator
An employment law based question for the forum.

If you have unused Holiday pay at the end of the holiday year (tax year?) are you entitled to the pay you would have recived from them? The Internet doesn't seem to make this clear.

Do you mean unused leave? All depends what your contract says, but most firms would not pay out, and would either allow you to carry the leave over to the next year, or make you lose it completely. If you are leaving the firm and you have unused leave owing, they should pay you for those days.

It also depends on whether you're on a Contract of Employment or a Contract for Services. If it's the latter and you're a temp then you are entitled to your outstanding holiday pay as it's something you accrue based on a percentage of what you've earned over the holiday year (most firms accrue 12.07% of your weekly earnings in line with the Working Time Directive and it goes in to a pot until you take that amount as a daily equivalent, but others pay more/less and some have caps in place so you can't accrue too much). It should be written in to your contract, but you have every right to claim a payment for the accrual you've not taken (you'll be taxed on this, though).

If you're on a Contract of Employment and are just given an annual entitlement, then ignore what I've just put and refer to Thunderplex's response; it's down to your employer's discretion. Many will pay out if you've not been given the opportunity to take holidays but if you've simply not taken them when you've had chance to then they may just tell you it's your own fault and you'll lose them.

Is Google being an absolute fucker with anyone else? It's quite frustrating, just an or so ago, no problems, now nothing will fucking load.

This was happening to me earlier. I blamed it on my shitty internet, but everything else seemed to be running smoothly.

Is Google being an absolute fucker with anyone else? It's quite frustrating, just an or so ago, no problems, now nothing will fucking load.

This was happening to me earlier. I blamed it on my shitty internet, but everything else seemed to be running smoothly.

I've just solved the problem, my anti-virus quarrantined an item and I thought nothing of it. It turns out that the item is a browser jacker and slips under the radar of many things but I used Hitman Pro from this site: Surfright - Hitman Pro and my problems are solved for now.

I've also learnt that I cannot trust my anti-virus programs... bummer.

Got a funny 'paint stripper'/electrical burning smell coming from or near computer, I cant work out if is the computer or monitor or is a smell coming from outside as the computer is close to a vent and can often get an exhaust smell coming in from passing cars etc.

I've opened the computer up, dusted it, cleaned the fans, etc and no smell is apparent when opened and nothing appears to be burnt or burning. When it is switched on, the CPU temp seems fine and all the fans are working properly and clear from dust etc. The monitor is only a few weeks old and that appears fine as well.

Anyone think of anything else it could be on the computer/monitor side, as I dont want it 'blowing up' or owt? Cheers

It's our 3 year anniversary this year (July 25th to be exact) and I'm looking for somewhere nice to take my wife. Our first year we went to (glamorous) High Wycombe, but that was because I took her to Beaconsfield Model Village and I wanted to go to Hellfire Cave. Last year we went to Stratford which was really nice, went to the Butterfly Farm, rowing on the river and a meal.

We look for things to do rather than the location, we like to stay in a B&B the night before and spend the day sight seeing and things to visit like the above. Need some ideas for this year, we live in Northampton so we're quite central but don't want to travel hundreds of miles for essentially a night and day out.

Where can you guys recommend?

EDIT:- Just been looking at The Heights of Abraham in Derbyshire. Looks like plenty to do there for the day. Anyone been? Any good?

Anyone watch, or remember the name of, a documentary on telly years ago... Surely sometime between '98 and 2001, about bad kids? The specific bit I remember was one lad of about eleven who'd been suspended from school because him and his mates had battered a teacher and given her brain damage. "And me mates were feelin' her up."

Archived