Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Very cool!

I recently bought a new Humax Freeview HD box, and one of the unexpected bonuses is that its remote control is also a universal remote. So one controller now runs my Freeview, my tv, my amp and my Xbox! This means I need just one controller out (unless I actually want to play games on the Xbox, but it's fine for watching dvds/videos/4od etc).

Universal remotes ftw.

That's a terrible idea. Once you've only got one remote, women start to think they can have a go at using it. Safest to have at least half a dozen so they are scared off.

What you're not taking into account is that the more remotes you have, the more there are for women to "tidy" into an unknown location that made sense to them at the time - a high shelf, a cupboard, behind a different piece of electonics, under a pile of papers, into that box they keep shit in that takes up room in the lounge.

With only 1 remote it's more likely they'll leave it where they fucking found it, on the arm of the sofa.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Can anyone on here transform this video clip into a GIF for me please:

I'd do it myself if i could but sadly i'm clueless when it comes to these things

Here you go. The video you linked cut the last few frames off when converted (when Silky was in mid-shaft), so I took the same clip from another video.

ShareShaft.gif

I've purposely let it freeze for a split second too long at the end to make him look more rapey.

• Paid Members
Can anyone on here transform this video clip into a GIF for me please:

I'd do it myself if i could but sadly i'm clueless when it comes to these things

Here you go. The video you linked cut the last few frames off when converted (when Silky was in mid-shaft), so I took the same clip from another video.

ShareShaft.gif

I've purposely let it freeze for a split second too long at the end to make him look more rapey.

Never thought Kilroy could look more rapey, but hats off to you sir, you did it.

Does anyone have an indoor aerial that they use to get Freeview? I bought one the other day that apparently has a 96% customer satisfaction rating, and in all fairness when it works it's brilliant. A few days ago I also bought a signal booster to get the channels that the aerial doesn't access, but it doesn't work. Now when I use the aerial on its own that doesn't work either. I've tried tuning it 3 or 4 times in different positions but I can't pick up any channels at all.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Anyone who watched last night's Eastbound & Down, what was the song when Kenny was talking to the Russian bloke near the beginning -- the "don't date me, bro" discussion? It was big in the late 80s, I think, I recall it being used on an ad campaign, possibly for a bank.

Edit: It was Crockett's Theme off Miami Vice, you unhelpful chilblains. New question: Was Crockett's Theme ever used in an ad campaign over here?

Edit 2: Natwest.

• Paid Members
Does anyone have an indoor aerial that they use to get Freeview? I bought one the other day that apparently has a 96% customer satisfaction rating, and in all fairness when it works it's brilliant. A few days ago I also bought a signal booster to get the channels that the aerial doesn't access, but it doesn't work. Now when I use the aerial on its own that doesn't work either. I've tried tuning it 3 or 4 times in different positions but I can't pick up any channels at all.

***NON-EXPERT ATTEMPTING TO HELP WARNING***

Is it a digital aerial? I had an indoor aerial that stopped working post-digital switchover.

Is it a digital aerial? I had an indoor aerial that stopped working post-digital switchover.

There is no such thing as a 'digital aerial' and anyone trying to sell you one is trying to diddle you. Digital signals do however require a decent line of sight to the transmitter whereas analogue signals don't. This is why it can be difficult to get a decent digital reception post switchover, because of the line of sight issue indoor aerials are far less reliable when it comes to digital signals than in the good ld analougue days.

• Paid Members

What's going on with Wikipedia on Google searches? Several times I've searched for people this week and instead of having their Wikipedia page right at the top of the searches, it's either miles down the list or not on the list at all.

• Paid Members

There is no such thing as a 'digital aerial' and anyone trying to sell you one is trying to diddle you. Digital signals do however require a decent line of sight to the transmitter whereas analogue signals don't. This is why it can be difficult to get a decent digital reception post switchover, because of the line of sight issue indoor aerials are far less reliable when it comes to digital signals than in the good ld analougue days.

Now that I think about it, my problem's the telly itself. I wish the logic and memory parts of my brain would cooperate now and again.

An employment law based question for the forum.

If you have unused Holiday pay at the end of the holiday year (tax year?) are you entitled to the pay you would have recived from them? The Internet doesn't seem to make this clear.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know where I can buy hoodies with larger hoods? My melon is rather big and regular hoods barely cover it. Even if the hoods are novelty-like, it would probably be fine (I'd imagine it would be like when Homer Simpson wore clown pants).

Archived