Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

OK, so someone can probably answer this one pretty quickly for me. The band 'Live' of 'I Alone' and 'Lightning Crashes' fame, I've only really known of them recently and have only ever seen the band name written down and never spoken.....so is it pronounced 'Live' as in "I live in a shitty house" or 'Live' as in "Wow, that band really can't play live"? Cheers. Also, they're very good, can't believe I hadn't heard of them until a few weeks ago when they were pretty big in the states in the mid 90's.

• Paid Members
OK, so someone can probably answer this one pretty quickly for me. The band 'Live' of 'I Alone' and 'Lightning Crashes' fame, I've only really known of them recently and have only ever seen the band name written down and never spoken.....so is it pronounced 'Live' as in "I live in a shitty house" or 'Live' as in "Wow, that band really can't play live"? Cheers. Also, they're very good, can't believe I hadn't heard of them until a few weeks ago when they were pretty big in the states in the mid 90's.

Pretty sure it's Live as in "Wow this band really can't play live". Both tracks you mention are from Throwing Copper which is definitely my favourite album of theirs (and I think considered their best). The follow up to that, Secret Samadhi, was also pretty decent. Not too sure on the rest of their stuff, only had the two mentioned and their first album Mental Jewelry which is a bit guff.

Yeah, what Hage said.

• Paid Members

Cheers guys, glad I've been saying it right in my head at least then. Yeah Throwing Copper is the album I have, I only got into those 2 tracks from playing them in Rock Band, but yeah those 2 plus 'All Over You' and 'Shit Towne' are awesome. I'll check out 'Secret Samadhi' on Spotify

• Paid Members

Lakini's Juice and Turn my Head were decent tracks though now I think of it I can't recall eny others off that album (SS). Along with those Burch mentioned from Throwing Copper Iris and Selling the Drama also rock my world. And the Dam at Otter Creak..... actually, pretty much all of them. That album is great.

Ed Kowalczyk was (and probably still is) a bit of a tit mind.

• Moderators
What you playing at you clown? Check your tweets.. Au offered to build the page for you. It's such a simple design, it'll take him no time at all; he's a pro at that shit.

I stopped following Au a while ago :blush: One too many birds n' clubs tweets in a row.

He's private, I think, and @s from locked Twitters don't show up, so I didn't see that. BURNED by my own puritanism. Curse mine eyes.

Surf, I'll check that out over the weekend, cheers.

Well... Fine.

I'll still build it for you if you like though.

So if anyone was wondering what happened here, here's the end result of all that. Compare that to the "hey how do I do this?" concept design: http://twitpic.com/8i1e9h

Au <3 What a guy.

(I was too retarded to even make a black blank page by myself)

I want to know where that fucking picture of the bear with the Nazis comes from. I know I've asked before, and I think you've said you don't know.

Archived