Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Jesus Christ the UKFF is chatting about Serge. This is lovely. What a great man, I love his Ollie Reed gimmick he does on the chat shows.

It's not a fucking gimmick, Chilli, he lived it. :angry: And he's DEAD, so I don't think he's doing chat shows any more.

Honestly, you're getting right on my tits at the moment.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
There's a photo hanging in a pub near mine of a bloke in a bar, holding a cigarette, looking at the camera. It's in black and white and looks to have been taken pre-1950s. Underneath it says "LEGENDS . TERRY O'NEILL". It's a terrific photo and I would ask the landlord for more information but the weather's dictating that I stay in tonight and I really want to find it online, if possible. I've spoken to him about it before and he said it's a relatively famous snap so I'm hoping one of you may know anything about it.

Does anybody know where I could find it, I've spent ages on Google etc but no luck.

A massive thanks if anybody knows any info on it. :thumbsup:

Terry O'Neill is an absolute genius - is it his pic of Lee "GOD" Marvin, with all the booze in the world?

Jesus Christ the UKFF is chatting about Serge. This is lovely. What a great man, I love his Ollie Reed gimmick he does on the chat shows.

It's not a fucking gimmick, Chilli, he lived it. :angry: And he's DEAD, so I don't think he's doing chat shows any more.

It's our own fault when you think about it.

• Paid Members

Beautiful.

• Paid Members

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There's a photo hanging in a pub near mine of a bloke in a bar, holding a cigarette, looking at the camera. It's in black and white and looks to have been taken pre-1950s. Underneath it says "LEGENDS . TERRY O'NEILL". It's a terrific photo and I would ask the landlord for more information but the weather's dictating that I stay in tonight and I really want to find it online, if possible. I've spoken to him about it before and he said it's a relatively famous snap so I'm hoping one of you may know anything about it.

Does anybody know where I could find it, I've spent ages on Google etc but no luck.

Terry O'Neill is an absolute genius - is it his pic of Lee "GOD" Marvin, with all the booze in the world?

Sorry, I missed your reply. You're a good man, a very good man! I can't believe that you got it from such a vague description.

Cheers, man!

terryoneill.jpg

I love it.

• Moderators

You know back in the Geocities days, they had that super simple sitebuilder that made it so piss-easy to make a website, even a monkey could do it? Is there anything like that now?

I'm wanting this: http://twitpic.com/8i1e9h Just a simple front page, linking off to everything, but I've gots no skillz. So before anyone recommends something, pretend you're dealing with a chimp, or a retard. Yeah, pretend.

Any ideas?

Oh, and I don't need hosting or anything like that. Ideally, there's a Fisher Price sitebuilder thing out there that would allow me to do that, and I'd just upload it to my current host.

• Paid Members

Sorry, I missed your reply. You're a good man, a very good man! I can't believe that you got it from such a vague description.

Cheers, man!

terryoneill.jpg

I love it.

I just try and imagine the reason for the pose and the look on Marvin's face - "What the fuck is yoghurt? Get that shit out of my face, pansy"

You know back in the Geocities days, they had that super simple sitebuilder that made it so piss-easy to make a website, even a monkey could do it? Is there anything like that now?

I'm wanting this: http://twitpic.com/8i1e9h Just a simple front page, linking off to everything, but I've gots no skillz. So before anyone recommends something, pretend you're dealing with a chimp, or a retard. Yeah, pretend.

Any ideas?

Oh, and I don't need hosting or anything like that. Ideally, there's a Fisher Price sitebuilder thing out there that would allow me to do that, and I'd just upload it to my current host.

There was something called

• Moderators

Any ideas?

There was something called

• Paid Members

Any ideas?

Do you not have something like Frontpage Express included with your Windows/Linux/etc..? It's layout is pretty much like MS Word, so you either type your text or insert an image and stick a link on it.

• Moderators

Any ideas?

Do you not have something like Frontpage Express included with your Windows/Linux/etc..? It's layout is pretty much like MS Word, so you either type your text or insert an image and stick a link on it.

Someone recommended that, but I couldn't find it on here. There's no chance of me handling that anyway. I can't stress enough how little I know about this stuff. It's bad enough indenting paragraphs on my blog. I have to paste that in from a special "here's the HTML for indenting a line" file I keep for such occasions :(

I've always used webs.com. Not sure if that's the sort of thing you're looking for.

It's simple, free and a piece of piss to use. Any upgrades (custom domain names etc) are so easy to do that even somebody with as limited technology knowledge as me can work like a pro.

• Moderators
I've always used webs.com. Not sure if that's the sort of thing you're looking for.

It's simple, free and a piece of piss to use. Any upgrades (custom domain names etc) are so easy to do that even somebody with as limited technology knowledge as me can work like a pro.

I'll take a look, cheers. The problem I'm having is all these sites seem to work off a template of content, basically exactly like the options of customising a blog, whereas I just want a blank, black page, on which to place images that link out.

Archived