Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

He was a hit machine in the 60s.

Can't find it on my phone but my all time favourite Super Serge moment was when he was on a talk show with a pre drug and spoon up the arse Whitney Houston. He said something in French, the host said to Whitney he thinks you are beautiful and Serge said something about Reagan and Gorbachev, then said "ei said ei want to ferrk herr" in a drunk French accent.

Trust me, it's beautiful.

Most of the good Roger Mellie cartoons were based on things Gainsbourg once did on chatshows.

Serge and Whitney

Gainsbourg burns 500 franc note

Serge sexes up some mannequins

Gainsbourg talks about the delights of shagging fat girls

and my favourite Gainsbourg video/song.

Gainsbourg outcools a black rapper

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Using those links as a jump off to give myself an introduction to Serge.. Some pretty fantastic stuff out there. (Those two songs you linked to are rubbish though)

Fucking right. He is in the Spector/Glitter/King/Turner class for me. Did brilliant stuff but was a horrible bastard.

Thanks again for sorting out that song for me, the version I heard was by Fabienne Delsol. I've listened to it about twenty times today.

• Moderators

No worries.. I was quite excited when I recognised it and could be of some use, because I'm normally hopeless whenever these types of questions come up. So I raced off to track it down because I wanted to be the first one to come back with an answer. :laugh: lame, I know.. It was a little slow at work earlier.

I didn't want to make another movie thread, so this is the best place for it.

I'm going to be off work for 2 weeks at the end of the month. I'm making use of this time by watching 1 film a day, but I want them to be films I've never seen before. I know this will be difficult as you don't know what I have or haven't seen. So just give me some films that you like and I'll add them to the list if I haven't seen them. No particular genre, I pretty much enjoy watching anything from action to musicals. Foreign films are fine too, I have no problem with subtitles.

I'll update this list as we go, with the first being:-

1. Anchorman

2. Y Tu Mama Tambien

3. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

4. City Of God

There's a photo hanging in a pub near mine of a bloke in a bar, holding a cigarette, looking at the camera. It's in black and white and looks to have been taken pre-1950s. Underneath it says "LEGENDS . TERRY O'NEILL". It's a terrific photo and I would ask the landlord for more information but the weather's dictating that I stay in tonight and I really want to find it online, if possible. I've spoken to him about it before and he said it's a relatively famous snap so I'm hoping one of you may know anything about it.

Does anybody know where I could find it, I've spent ages on Google etc but no luck.

A massive thanks if anybody knows any info on it. :thumbsup:

Archived