Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

The story was quashed the next day, and since then it’s been mentioned several times in various ways that the biggest unexpected eat up of time was the wrestlers exiting post match as the ramp had no side space. So it was one way in and one way out. No way Okadas coming over for a 14 min match wherever it is, as the ace, he gets time for his match. To think he’d go 12 mins over and be that disrespectful to others is something I just can’t believe. 

They even spoofed the rumours on one of the BTE's after All In, shooting a skit where Marty turns up 12 minutes late for something and they all act pissed off at him. Of course it's possible there's some truth too it but I sincerly doubt it would affect something like a contract negotiation all this time later.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

• Paid Members

Marty absolutely didn't end the match soon enough at All In, the big clue being the ref on the right side of the ring 5 minutes before the end, trying to get his attention and screaming for him to go home. As others have said I doubt that would be the cause of a fallout, especially if they joked about it afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iPumaPants said:

I believe they're 50% off if you're an annually paid member, free if you're a VIP member.

Correct. If you but the VIP annual subscription, all PPVs are included. 

• Paid Members

ROH announced they’re bringing the Pure Championship back with a tournament starting in April to decide the winner.

I don’t know if this is a Marty influence or not, but at least they’re creating a bit of buzz again. I remember really enjoying it when it was first round but haven’t watched any pure matches in years now. 

My favourite thing about the first Pure Title Tournament was how they packed the bracket with a load of no frills grappler types and then put the belt on AJ Styles back when he was full on flippy Euroboy AJ. In a final with CM Punk! I imagine that your Jon Walters and Chad Collyers of the world were fucking livid.

I hope they do something similar and put the strap on someone daft like Bandido. Or Beer City Bruiser.

Card for next Sunday's show...  PCO & MARTY SCURLL vs. RUSH & NWA WORLD CHAMPION NICK ALDIS 

PROVING GROUND MATCH ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS JAY LETHAL & JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. JEFF COBB & DAN MAFF

BANDIDO & FLAMITA vs. JAY & MARK BRISCOE

SLEX vs. FLIP GORDON

DALTON CASTLE & JOE HENDRY vs. VINCENT & BATEMAN

MARK HASKINS vs. ALEX SHELLEY

BRODY KING vs. REY HORUS

BATTLE ROYAL FOR FUTURE SHOT AT ROH WORLD TITLE

SESSION MOTH MARTINA vs. SUMIE SAKAI

ALEX ZAYNE vs. ANDREW EVERETT